5.0 out of 5 stars Currently broken hearted, July 13 2004
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
My boyfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago. While wandering through a bookstore recently, I spied this little pink book. It only took about 3 pages for me to realize that it was a must-buy.

As a member of a 12-Step program, I found this book very much in line with 12-Step practice and principles. Cozy and familiar.

If you have never been exposed to AA, Alanon, OA, etc. you may find the "Program Speak" (i.e. Higher Power, God Box, etc.) a little daunting, but if you can get past that, you'll find a lot of useful tools to help you through the breakup process.

Will it be any easier now to deal with my breakup? Any less painful? Of course not, but that's the whole point. Marni & Janice rightfully express that you MUST sit through all of the pain, grief, anger, fear, etc. to truly heal. Without doing that, we're doomed to repeat our relationship mistakes (with yet another Emotionally Unavailable Cowboy) again and again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dealing with my break up...., July 11 2004
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
It was getting close to valentine's when I was wondering around barnes and noble's looking for an un-valentine's day book and then I stumbled to an un-valentine's book section and this book was in the section. My bf of two and a half years and I had broken up about three weeks prior and I was scared to be alone during valentine's day for the first time in three years. This book really helped me b/c it helped me work through my feelings. Its been almost six months since the break up and I still have a hard time dealing with it some days. I am constantly re-reading different section of the book to help me with my feelings. I don't know what I would of done without this book! I def recommend it to anyone who's struggling to get over a broken heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Break up Bible, July 8 2004
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
I cannot say enough great things about this book. The advice, the suggestions, the quarky side bits (called power tools) are inspirational, hopeful, and truthful. This book gave me faith and hope when i was the lowest of low. It truely does put things into perspective and hits the nail on the head. It makes you realize that you are not alone in the process and the feelings that you have after a break up are normal and that you are not just going crazy. It is a true blessing and I definately reccommend it to anyone going through a break up. I even bought it twice since the first copy I lent to a friend. great book. A definate for breaking up.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED this book!, April 22 2004
Sarah (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
This book is wonderful, the authors have created a book that I could turn to when I was feeling down after my breakup that was as reassuring as an old friend. It offers great advice, but more than anything, it just lets you know that you aren't alone, and it will pass. Janice and Marni are even available online to give out personal advice, I tried it and it worked. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is going through a breakup.

5.0 out of 5 stars A light-hearted book for broken-hearted people, July 2 2004
kim (Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
I loved this book so much that I bought it for 2 friends going through break-ups!! I originally bought it to help me understand some lingering unresolved issues that my boyfriend had from his previous relationship. We found it very helpful. It was honest yet upbeat and humorous. The book is easy to read at a time when stress and sadness can impede focus. It reinstills a sense of hopefulness. BRAVO Janice and Marni!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars light-hearted and fun, Jan. 22 2004
Heather P (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
this book is a great way to pick up your spirits after a breakup. The authors personal stories and anecdotes confirm that you are not the only one who has endured the pain and agony. They offer great suggestions that really do expedite the healing process. We can all benefit from some of the pointers.
I recommend this book for anyone who is going through a breakup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Companion For Lonely Days, Feb. 8 2004
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
This book made me feel so much better... I have been wondering how I will get through my days and I felt so sad, but this book made me feel less alone and like everything I was going through was normal. It has lots of great suggestions for things to do instead of obsess over him. I feel like it really sped up my healing process. This book is creative and fun and awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo helpful and inspiring!!!, April 2 2004
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
I got this book for one of my friends who has been going through the break up of her life. It has totally helped her to gain a positive perspective, and start filling her life with things SHE feels passionate about, rather than constantly reflecting on her past relationship. Thank you Janice and Marni!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Say Enough Good Things, March 28 2012
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
My boyfriend broke up with me almost a month ago and it really hit me hard.
I came across this book looking online and I had to buy it.
The authors write amazing stories of their own and advice to help you get back on your feet.
They've helped me believe in myself again and encouraged me to reach out to older friends I'd lost touch with.
Definately a good buy post break up.
I also bought a used one, in new condition, so I'd recommend that if one wants to save some cash!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, Jan. 27 2004
This review is from: Break-Up Repair Kit (Paperback)
what a great comfort to remind yourself how much better off you are without some loser. this book rocks!!

Break-Up Repair Kit
Break-Up Repair Kit by Marnie Macleod (Paperback - Jan. 1 2004)
CDN$ 20.95 CDN$ 15.29