5.0 out of 5 stars exercize that has changed my life
Published on May 8 2004 by Stanley Schiff

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible! Get the other books in this series instead!
I loved the other books in the series, but this one fell short. The cd was too slow---you would just be stabding there waiting for him to tell you what to do, and he'd be droning on about imagery and forests and such. Sooooo boring. The routine did not "flow" at all. Save your money and buy the morning cup of yoga instead.
Published on May 11 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars exercize that has changed my life, May 8 2004
Stanley Schiff (Canyon Country, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Morning Cup of Tai Chi: One 15-minute Routine to Nurture Your Body, Mind, and Spirit (Spiral-bound)
Very often I have read tai chi books that explain the art of tai chi using Chinese metaphors, like snake creeps down, making it very difficult for me to comprehend and use them in my daily exercize. The genius of John Fey is his ability to use simple American concepts which I am familiar as the basis of his routines. For example draw a circle with your hand. I am amazed at the benefit I have achieved by using John's previous books and tapes. I am 65 years old and move and have the energy of a 40 year old. Do not be fooled by the simplicity of the book. Practicing the tai chi routines have a powerful effect on the mind/body.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible! Get the other books in this series instead!, May 11 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Tai Chi For the Rest Of Us, May 4 2004
Julie Steward (Birmingham, Alabama USA) - See all my reviews
I make Morning Cup of Tai Chi part of my waking ritual, before I even open the newspaper! New Forest Tai Chi is a simple and beautiful mind-body exercise that everyone can do. Equally impressive are the selected chapters from the Tao Te Ching that Bright-Fey has translated. I had no idea that this ancient book of wisdom actually contains tai chi instruction. My morning routine is already more fluid and focused from reading his translations. What a way to start the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can DO this Tai Chi!, May 2 2004
By A Customer
I can DO this Tai Chi and YOU CAN TOO! If you are looking for a book on Tai Chi because you have heard how good it is for your health, BUY this book.
I found it to be very friendly, and not intimidating like other books on Tai Chi. This is the only book that I know of that makes Tai Chi easy to learn. Others make the claim, but are still very confusing to me.
The audio CD that is included, is worth the price of the book! Its like having a private lesson with the author. Very motivating! He also has a video for beginners where he teaches the same New Forest Tai Chi style. The book and video go great together.
If you have given up on Tai Chi because it was too confusing, try this, you will be happy you did!

Used & New from: CDN$ 12.29