Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on April 15, 2003
A friend gave me this book after I suffered a miscarriage. Her daughter (a friend of mine) was given it after she had a tubal pregnancy.
When you go through a horrible experience of losing an unborn child there are so many questions and emotions and you don't know how to handle everything that is going on.
This book helps to answer some of those questions and to comfort a grieving parent. It provides answers for some of the hardest questions out there and tells you what to expect in the coming days and months.
It also helped me to understand other people's reactions to our loss.
I would recommend this book to anyone who lost an unborn child.
on February 10, 2003
We have had 3 miscarriages and God has allowed us to use our experience to encourage others. I can't tell you how many of these books we have given to others in a similar situation. It offers information for the mind, encouragement for the heart, and hope for the soul.
on August 10, 2002
After having two beautiful daughters, I never thought I would have any problems when I found out I was pregnant for the third time. After miscarrying in my 9th week, I looked for a book to help me understand "why this baby?" What I found at the library was "Empty Arms". I felt Pam's pain deeply. The book gave me practical ideas on why this had happened and how to move on. When I talk with others I now know have had miscarriages too, I always mention this book and how it presented Christian views on this tough subject.
on January 13, 2002
I received this book from a friend after my baby was stillborn at 5 mos. It has been extremely helpful through the grieving process. I could relate to a lot of the things that Pam wrote. A MUST READ for any woman experiencing a miscarriage or stillbirth.
(for those hesitant of "Christian Books" I felt this book is not "preachy" but very beautifully written and appropriate for those of any faith).
on January 5, 2001
This is the one thing that helped me cope after my 2nd misscarrage. I have since shared this with many women and we all agree it is a wonderful book.
on June 28, 2000
This book was a great help to my wife and myself after the stillbirth of our son. When we started our own ministry to help those suffering from the loss of a baby, we looked at dozens of potential books to use in the ministry, and we kept coming back to this book as the most complete, compassionate work on the subject. This book stands far above most others by helping grieving parents come to terms with their loss intellectually, emotionally, and spritually. I can't say enough about this book and the impact it has had on the lives of the people that we have given it to in our ministry.
on February 29, 2000
This book started out good, but quickly went downhill. This woman went back to work, as a counsellor, 4 days after a late -term miscarriage. Either she was in denial, or not very attatched to her baby! Her advice for handling comments from people who say hurtful things is invariably "turn the other cheek". Although that is very Christian, that's not the only way Christ handled things. If a grieving parent were turning the other cheek as often as this author recommends, they'd have so much anger internalized, they'd NEVER get out of therapy! There ARE other ways to handle situations, and ways to gently teach people to help you. It's too bad she didn't focus on that, and she would have written a book that was truly useful! Her ideas are OK, for the most part, just very wimpy. God doesn't want doormats!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I read this book one month after delivering my stillborn son. Although I found the information reassuring, I wish I had read the book when we found out that our son was not going to make it--several months before he was born. It answered all the questions I had, but was too heartbroken to ask. This is a great source book for parents that know ahead of time that their baby will be stillborn or die prematurely.
on September 30, 1999
When I had a miscarriage, I was given this book. I cried the entire time I was reading it, but it really helped me heal after losing a child I so desperately wanted. It made me realize that my feelings were normal. It also made me grateful that I had lost my child early rather than later in the pregnancy because the loss would have been even harder. I praise God for giving this woman the insight and willingness to share her painful story with others to help us through trying times. I have recommended this book to several friends who have had miscarriages, and they said it helped as well.
on June 7, 1999
This book was very helpful in grieving for my baby who died during delivery. It helped me to know that my feelings are normal and really helped me to understand everything I was going through. I have recommended this to several of my grieving friends. I love the Christian perspective.