march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on June 9, 2010
This is by far the best non fiction and advice/self-help kinds of book that I have ever read. It is so simple in concept that it is absolutely shocking. I strongly recommend this book to anyone with any types of communication troubles, or even marriage troubles. The concept of taking control of one's own mind, and direct it in the right path by asking the right types of questions, will lead to a definitely better life and successful life. I wish I had this book a long time ago but it is not too late. An absolutely valuable book that is a must for anyone's own library. Bravo to Marilee Adams. A wonderful and transformative educator.
on May 1, 2011
Great easy to read book. The fable spoke to my experiences and really supports the use of the "Choice Map" tool presented in the book. I loved learning that most of us initially enter on the "judger" path and that this is OK as long as we take a minute to recognize what we are doing and then turn back to walk the "learner" path. The specific "learner" questions really help focussing on what's important and guide towards a positive contructive path forward, as opposed to ending up into the muddy "judger pit". I have shared the tool with my team and I have the choice map pinned in plain view on the wall in my office as a constant reminder to step back and reflect on possibilities.
on January 23, 2013
It's not really 10 powerful tools, more like one question to ask yourself when you're feeling upset, mad, angry, pissed off, cheated or any of the above. This book gets to the root of 'why' you feel that way and usually it's the assumptions we're making. This book teaches you to ask yourself "do I really feel the way I do?" and "are the other person's intentions really as bad as I think they are?" Once you start looking at the situation from their shoes it often allows you to see what the problem actually is.
This book literally changed how I viewed many relationships and has helped me prepare for the most stressful meetings. A must read for anyone who talks to people in their day to day.

@jephmaystruck
on August 16, 2014
This is a fantastic read, written in plain language with easy to follow instructions on how to shift your thinking to become more aware and receptive to the learner mentality. "Question thinking" opens our minds to imagine possibilities and provides strategies to invite others to do the same, fostering a healthy team environment. The scenarios are relatable and applicable to both personal and professional facets of life. By simply asking questions we can make positive life changes!
on January 14, 2012
The book is a fast and helpful read. The light style and useful tips make it ideal to help you work on yourself and improve your way the work with others.
on May 9, 2015
Amazing book, first of it's kind that I couldn't stop reading. Read it from cover to cover in one sitting and have been using the simple tips and techniques at work with my team and I am already noticing the difference. I have sang the praises of this book to anyone who will listen. If you are looking to get more out of the relationships with your team, get powerful results and ultimately the trust and respect of your team, this is the book for you.
on September 5, 2014
The questions were insightful and the narrative was a great application of their use. I would recommend this to persons in leadership roles or coaches.
on August 11, 2014
Really awesome book - easy to read & impactful. Loved it
on May 26, 2015
I've seen these appproches before
on January 22, 2011
The premise of the book is that we all choose at various moments in the day whether we proceed on a learner path or a judger path. The learner path results in thoughtful choices and is solution focused. The judger path results in automatic reactions and is blame focused.

This was insightful to see how frequently the judger path surfaces. And - this is normal, it happens to everyone - the key is to identify it and switch lanes to the learner path.

This book is a wonderful reminder that nothing good will result from judger mode so why stay on a path of wasted energy??

I found this book a wonderful, light (not too taxing) read.