5.0 out of 5 stars Choice map, May 1 2011
This review is from: Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 10 Powerful Tools for Life and Work (Paperback)
Great easy to read book. The fable spoke to my experiences and really supports the use of the "Choice Map" tool presented in the book. I loved learning that most of us initially enter on the "judger" path and that this is OK as long as we take a minute to recognize what we are doing and then turn back to walk the "learner" path. The specific "learner" questions really help focussing on what's important and guide towards a positive contructive path forward, as opposed to ending up into the muddy "judger pit". I have shared the tool with my team and I have the choice map pinned in plain view on the wall in my office as a constant reminder to step back and reflect on possibilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best advice book that I ever read!!!, June 9 2010
This is by far the best non fiction and advice/self-help kinds of book that I have ever read. It is so simple in concept that it is absolutely shocking. I strongly recommend this book to anyone with any types of communication troubles, or even marriage troubles. The concept of taking control of one's own mind, and direct it in the right path by asking the right types of questions, will lead to a definitely better life and successful life. I wish I had this book a long time ago but it is not too late. An absolutely valuable book that is a must for anyone's own library. Bravo to Marilee Adams. A wonderful and transformative educator.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will solve a lot of arguments before they start, Jan. 23 2013
Jeph Maystruck "@JephMaystruck" (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
It's not really 10 powerful tools, more like one question to ask yourself when you're feeling upset, mad, angry, pissed off, cheated or any of the above. This book gets to the root of 'why' you feel that way and usually it's the assumptions we're making. This book teaches you to ask yourself "do I really feel the way I do?" and "are the other person's intentions really as bad as I think they are?" Once you start looking at the situation from their shoes it often allows you to see what the problem actually is.
This book literally changed how I viewed many relationships and has helped me prepare for the most stressful meetings. A must read for anyone who talks to people in their day to day.

@jephmaystruck

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and helpful read, Jan. 14 2012
The book is a fast and helpful read. The light style and useful tips make it ideal to help you work on yourself and improve your way the work with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changer!, Aug. 16 2014
This is a fantastic read, written in plain language with easy to follow instructions on how to shift your thinking to become more aware and receptive to the learner mentality. "Question thinking" opens our minds to imagine possibilities and provides strategies to invite others to do the same, fostering a healthy team environment. The scenarios are relatable and applicable to both personal and professional facets of life. By simply asking questions we can make positive life changes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, Aug. 11 2014
Really awesome book - easy to read & impactful. Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Insigntful read for work and home, Jan. 22 2011
The premise of the book is that we all choose at various moments in the day whether we proceed on a learner path or a judger path. The learner path results in thoughtful choices and is solution focused. The judger path results in automatic reactions and is blame focused.

This was insightful to see how frequently the judger path surfaces. And - this is normal, it happens to everyone - the key is to identify it and switch lanes to the learner path.

This book is a wonderful reminder that nothing good will result from judger mode so why stay on a path of wasted energy??

I found this book a wonderful, light (not too taxing) read.

Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 10 Powerful Tools for Life and Work