5.0 out of 5 stars putting fun back in faith
Micheal has a wonderful gift of stirring grace with laughter.
I highly suggest that all imagination stealers in churches lighten up and read this book. PwB
Published on Feb. 4 2011 by PwB

3.0 out of 5 stars A good, quick read...
Granted, I'm a college student and not a parent, I still appreciated this book for it's attempts to explore "childlike faith" and rediscover that that is where God wants us all to be.
Published on July 21 2003 by Neville G. Kiser

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars putting fun back in faith, Feb. 4 2011
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
Micheal has a wonderful gift of stirring grace with laughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars God I challenge you to a game of Hide and Seek!, Nov. 5 2003
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder The Adventure od Childlike Faith (Paperback)
Hey all,
This is an amazing book. However if you are looking for a deep thelogical description of what a child like faith is this book isn't for you. For that matter if you want anything deep and theological, find a different author. Mike writes for your everday people. He writings are for people who want a break from acadamia and want somthing that is just plain and simple.
This book capture real life examples of childlike faith. It show how boring life is with out the carefreeness of childhood. It makes you want to go out and revive the passion and naivity of childhood. It makes you long to play with God.
I love this book it made me realize that my life is boring and needs some passion in it. I have long ingored the call of My savior to come out and play. I have grown accustomed to the noise of this world and have forgotten what the quiet wisper of God sound like. If you can relate then this book is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thankful for this book, Oct. 30 2003
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
I just learned that Mike Yaconelli died in an auto accident today. His death reminded me of how much I enjoyed his book Dangerous Wonder.
His journey into a "Childlike Faith" was very well written and gave a good insight into some of the missing aspects of today's Christian. I recommend this book to any Christian who is seeking a renewed wonder.
Thank you Mike for your wonderful book, your work with Youth Specialties, and your faithful work. You will be missed.
"A four year old girl leans into her baby sister's crib and whispers 'Baby, remind me what God sounds like, I am starting to forget.'"

5.0 out of 5 stars want to build a sandcastle?, Sept. 24 2003
Johnny Bradford "irish exile" (Manteca, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
This book is truely amazing. I read it in three sittings, desperately trying to squeeze in a few more pages when supposed to be working! It left me crying out for more as I reluctantly finished. Yaconelli has a genuine gift in story-telling and illustrates his thoughts with heartwarming tales. Some stories are hilarious, others sad, but you can't help but be moved by these pictures of the simplicity of God's love for undeserving scum like us. Theologically it's sound. The beauty of Dangerous Wonder is the style in which Yaconelli writes - continually finding God in everyday occurances, in creation, in children. This book reawakened my senses to the youthful idealism and energy of childhood, which although I have never lost, is constantly under seige from the dullness of life and the daily routine. Thank you Mike, I feel recharged again, ready to build more sandcastles and enjoy coloring! Never lose the wonder.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good, quick read..., July 21 2003
Neville G. Kiser "NGK" (Pasadena, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
I've been fascinated with the "childlike faith" idea for the past few years now, and this book is a nice glimpse into that idea with a variety of simplistic reflections that don't complicate things, but rather, tell life how it is.
Many people come to Christian living books with expectations to take them deep, deep and deeper, and are disappointed when they don't "feel" like that the book was that deep. However, I don't think Mike writes simply for fun...he does so to help us understand that we don't have to use big words to impress God...b/c a child-sized heart is big enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of such is the kingdom of heaven, June 2 2003
ESBYoda (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
So often the Christian path leads to a focus on a legalistic, sufering focused march. Here, Mike Yaconelli reminds us that Jesus was serious when he told us to be like the little children. Mike reaquaints us with a Savior who wants our "joy to be full" and our lives to filled with the Spirit. If you're discouraged about your faith, or if you've been put off by church in the past, or if you are a happy Christian that just wants to be reminded of the Joy of His pressence, then "Dangerous Wonder" is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good one, Sept. 6 2002
William (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
Probley the best book I have ever read as a high schooler. This book totally challanges you and inspirers you to have that "childlike" faith we all need. I just couldnt put it down, read in one day. Dont read unless your willing to change.

5.0 out of 5 stars I cried again..., Aug. 28 2002
P. Hamm "p-squared" (Maineville, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
This is a beautiful book. I have read both of Yaconelli's books, this one and "Messy Spirituality" and he moves me more than any other contemporary author writing in this field. I got choked up over and over again. We desparately need more books by Mike.
This book will inspire you to live your ordinary life in a whole new way, and to see God's work in your life today, not someday when you "have it all together." Similar to Philip Yancey, he'll really move you out of your seat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jump first, Fear later, July 17 2002
"walt_iv" (Eau Claire, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
I read this book in about two days, and it was very thought provoking. Michael Yaconelli describes the benefits of a child-like faith, and shows how we digress from this sensation every year we grow older and have people make rules for us.
If you feel trapped at all by what you think you should be doing, this is a must-read, as it will challenge your perspective on life.

5.0 out of 5 stars If this book doesn't move you, you're dead., Jan. 28 2002
Mark Marshall (Corpus Christi, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangerous Wonder (Paperback)
Dangerous Wonder greatly moved me. It expanded my view of God and of his love.
Mike Yaconelli does the almost impossible with this brief, easy to read, book -- he helps us see the God Who is beyond words. He helps us see the love of God which is beyond comprehension. And he challanges us -- me -- to break out of the boxes we put ourselves and our faith in.
This is the best book I've seen on childlike faith and what it looks like to live it out. If you find your faith getting stale, dusty, and, yes, boring, get this book -- now.
Mark Marshall is the author of God Knows What It's Like to be a Teenager.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaf851e40)

Dangerous Wonder The Adventure od Childlike Faith
Dangerous Wonder The Adventure od Childlike Faith by Michael Yaconelli (Paperback - Oct. 10 2003)
CDN$ 17.99 CDN$ 12.99