5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Splendor
With a conversational writing style and years of experience, Bruce Northam captured my attention with his "boyhood" wonder at the world. He gives a realistic description of globe trotting, with nothing more than his backpack and a few essentials (not always money!), in "off the beaten path" places that bring out the joy of exploration of people, places...
Published on Nov. 29 2003 by sketchalot

2.0 out of 5 stars If you need help , you will not find it here
When I decide to buy a book, I almost always rely on reviews of other readers to help me decide if I want to purchase it or not. This was the same for this book. The surprise was when I found my self so out of tune with everyone else. Everyone else Liked it, while I did not find it at all useful. Going around the world is a relatively serious undertaking, and I was...
Published on March 26 2004 by Nabila Abu-hantash

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to Megga - This book ROCKS!, May 29 2002
Melissa Halpern "Missy" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Globetrotter Dogma: 100 Canons For Escaping The Rat Race And Exploring The World (Paperback)
Puh-leeez Megga, you're full of it... you got a personal problem with Bruce, feel free to take it up with me! Globetrotter Dogma is a thoroughly entertaining and informative book and Bruce Northam is a charismatic and talented writer and individual. I am confident that anyone who reads this book or has the privilege of meeting Bruce will agree. I highly recommend Globetrotter Dogma for anyone who is interested in traveling and adventure seeking. It is absolutely delightful!

1.0 out of 5 stars Leave it on the road, May 22 2002
Megga (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This book wreaks of the scent of an author who is best left out on the road.
You know when you are at a dinner or cocktail party, and you look over and see a group of people listening uncomfortably to one person who won't stop speaking? Inevitably you realize the guy talking is the same guy who won't shut up about his travels here and there and how amazing this was and that was and how "oh my gawd" you have to go here but be careful to never do this when there...and all you can think is "Where is that earthquake when you need it?" so you can eek out of the conversation.
I think that Bruce Northam IS that guy. But zooted. And religious.
This book is preachy, arrogant, uninformative, vague and predictable -- all the things we hope an adventure in the great beyond won't be.
This book should have been left out on the road, where Northam should have stayed.

CDN$ 19.95 CDN$ 14.56