summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 29, 2014
The story idea is alright but the writing is boring. It did not captivate my attention and took a real effort to push myself to finish the book.
on September 10, 2013
I was spell bound throughout the whole series, and this final book didn't disappoint me. I bought the series to give to my daughter as I know she'll love it like I did.
on June 24, 2011
Whence Came A Prince is the third book in The Lowlands of Scotland series by award-winning author, Liz Curtis Higgs. It follows Thorn in my Heart and Fair Is The Rose. Set in 18th century Scotland, the story takes place in the lowlands region of Galloway and Dumfries. It is based on the biblical account of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah. I was familiar with the story from Genesis, but nothing prepared me for the amazing story that unfolded. Through Liz's love of history and all things Scottish, we are taken right into the setting and can relate to the characters from the first page till the last. And with Liz's careful research and amazing gift of writing, those pages turn quickly.
I highly recommend this book, and the entire series, of course, to anyone looking for an excellent story.Keep the tissues handy - I give this series a 5 tissue rating!
on April 13, 2011
Higgs protrays the main character who represents Leah from the book of Genesis as very relatable. Character dialogue tends to run on unnecessarily and at times the language sometimes make it difficult to stay engaged in the story line.
on April 24, 2007
This series is incredible! Possibly some of the best fiction I have ever read! I am starting to read it for the second time... the first time around I was often oblivious to the world, I was so wrapped up in the world of Leana, Rose and Jamie!

Excellent read!
on April 24, 2005
Terrific conclusion to a fantastic trilogy! I'm sad to have finished so quickly, and to say goodbye to the characters I've bonded with. Well done, Liz!