5.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous book! It changed my life!, Jan. 14 2003
J. Elliott (Slough, Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
For years I had toyed with the idea of making quilts but I was always deterred by the huge amount of work it would involve. I bought many quilting books and drooled over the photos, thinking that one day I would take the plunge.
After setting eyes on The Guide For Weekend Quilters, I knew I could go from wishing to be a quilter to being one. It wasn't just the simple instructions and the lush, rich palette of colours that Lynette uses. It was the snippets of advice and insights into the quilting lives that crop up in short sections written by the people who work with her. It made me realise that quilters weren't superwomen - they all had busy lives, but they fitted their hobby in because they loved it.
Since reading this book in early 2000, I have made 10 quilts and just keep going! The instructions are well illustrated and undaunting. Lynette relies on use of layout and colour rather than complicated patterns so they can be put together quickly. Also, although definately "country", they avoid that "twee" feel of so many county style designs.
This book changed my life - you should let it change yours!

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a great book, probably not the best for beginners., May 31 2002
By A Customer
I just bought this book, and as a beginner, I can see that some of the techniques and patterns are over my head. But the pictures are great, I love how they give you alternate color schemes for most of the quilt patterns. The directions look very easy to follow (for the patterns I would attempt).

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for both pratical use and reference!, Sept. 8 2000
Erika D (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
I recently bought this book to "inspire" me to start quilting again. It worked! This book is fabulous. I have used it as a reference for unfinished projects, and I am excited to begin making some of the beautiful patterns in this book (and they are beautiful!). The instructions are very clear and the photographs included just add reinforcement to the instructions. The clear labeling of "weekend" and "night" quilts makes it easy to plan the amount of time you will needed in order to complete the quilts.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is either busy or a beginner (and I am both). And if you are and advanced quilter who needs some beautiful quilts to make, this is a good book to have as well. This was the first Thimbleberries book I bought, but it is not the last!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Quilt Book!, Aug. 24 2000
Shelly Bray "Llola" (Middletown, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I love all the Thimbleberries quilt books but this one is my favorite. I've made many of the projects in this book and can't wait to make more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most wonderful quilt book, Dec 8 1999
I have many, many quilt books and this is the first book that I have that contains so many patterns that I like that I am having a very hard time choosing which one to start first. If you like star quilts and nine patch variations, you will love this book. She (Lynette Jensen) also loves to use flannel in her quilts. This also appeals to me. Just a fabulous quilt book. A must buy

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book for all quilters., Oct. 23 1999
By A Customer
This was the first Thimbleberries book I have ever bought and I was most impressed by the fabulous quilt patterns (and have ordered other Thimbleberries books as a result). The completed quilts are beautifully photographed (in two different colour schemes for some quilts).The instructions are very clear (using yards and inches) and colour diagrams are used to show you how to assemble each block. Projects are labelled "Make it tonight" or "Make it in a weekend" or left unlabelled for longer projects, to indicate how long a project may take. The projects range from traditional quilt patterns such as stars and checkerboard to more whimsical patterns such as houses, trees and watermelons. There is certainly something for everyone in this book (something that is hard to say about most quilting books). I have earmarked 7 that I would be willing to make straight away!. Treat yourself, this one is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful ideas, colors, and designs, Sept. 30 1999
By A Customer
I found this book to be very easy reading due to the layout and organization of ideas and instructions. The color combinations are great and the designs are inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book for the rookie quilter as well as the expert!, Aug. 14 1999
By A Customer
I purchased this book a few months ago and have reviewed it many, many times. The patterns are easy to understand with illustrations in two color combinations. Helpful hints on quilting (as well as on time management so that we can quilt) are sprinkled throughout the book. Testimonies of "spare time" quilters help us think through how to find extra time (and energy) in our busy lives to quilt. I highly recommend this book.

The Thimbleberries Guide For Weekend Quilters: 25 Great-Looking Quilts for the Busy Quiltmaker
CDN$ 21.95 CDN$ 15.85