5.0 out of 5 stars Plan for everyone!
Published on June 15 2006 by M.A.D.57

2.0 out of 5 stars A little credit please!
Published on May 30 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan for everyone!, June 15 2006
This review is from: 8 Minutes in the Morning for Real Shapes, Real Sizes: Specifically Designed for People Who Want to Lose 30 Pounds or More (Hardcover)
I think this book is great. The exersizes are easy and quick therefore offering no excuses for not doing them. Who doesn't have 8 minutes to exersize? It also helps get to the root of the overeatiing problem for all of us who are emotional eaters. I think it is a plan for anyone. I suggest anyone who is interested in health to consider purchasing this book. Suggested meals are also tasty. What I especially like about Jorge Cruise is that he does not suggest any diet that requires giving up some ingredients such as fats or carbohydrates. NO counting of calories or banning of foods - that fits me well! I reccomend this book for anyone who needs to lose some pounds, especially those who have had trouble sticking to programs in the past! Actually it worked for me best when I combined Jorge's advice from this book with a healthy lifestyle very well presented in the book "Can We Live 150". You do not only want to lose pounds, but you also want to feel grate and live long, don't you?

5.0 out of 5 stars With tweaking, it works for nusing moms, too!, July 16 2004
Matt I. Federoff (my strawbale home on the range!) - See all my reviews
I recently had my 7th child and needed to lose about 35 pounds I've accumulated. But I have a VERY busy schedule (don't we all!) and need a program that doesn't make me leave home for the gym or take too much time from my kidlets. This program fit the bill!
I started when the baby was 6 months old. In 7 weeks, I lost 15 pounds. I modified Cruise's eatting plan to include one more portion of dairy and meat, but I ate half a plate of veggies at every meal and did my morning exercise reigiously, right after nursing the baby. I realized I was eatting a lot of sugar in the afternoons to give me energy, and I changed my schedule to fit in a nap and snack on whole grain toast instead of cookies. But I still had my little sweet treat every evening, so I never felt deprived!
I have graduated to Cruise's regular program, as this one now is too easy for me... I only have 20 pounds left to lose!
Really works for real, busy moms!

2.0 out of 5 stars A little credit please!, May 30 2004
By A Customer
I found this book to be so simplistic in the exercise department that it was almost insulting. They were not nearly challenging enough and so it made it easy to only do them for 8 minutes because if you had to do them any longer you might fall back asleep from the boredom. The eating plan is sensible and lacked the necessity for calorie counting which was nice. But yet again, he over simplified as if saying,"Well, since you need to lose so much weight that means that you obviously know nothing about nutrition so here's enough to get you by." Overall, I think there has got be a dozen other books out there that are better for your body and based on what really works for gaining a healthier body than this thing. In other words, keep shopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, April 12 2004
Deborah D. Bausmith (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
At age 58, I've battled the weight since a pudgy girl in 6th grade. Now it's a health issue. I purchased Jorge's REAL SHAPES book early in the year, & "went for the gusto" 1/12/04. I have been faithful to his instructions, & have lost 33# with much more to go. It's a sensible plan w/ diet & exercising, & I couldn't be more excited. --db

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Effective, March 10 2004
By A Customer
Several of my familly members have followed Jorge Cruise's 8 Minutes books (the original and Real Shapes, Real Sizes) and they've had great success. They have lost weight and become fitter than ever. Mr. Cruise offers a highly effective program without having to spend hours (not to mention $$$) at a gym. My only problem is - since this is such a great program why hasn't Mr. Cruise put out a video or dvd. Many of us find it tedious if not difficult to follow instructions from a book. I understand he just released a CD with exercise cards???? A video or dvd would have been so much better. But, if you don't mind following instructions from a book you'll find 8 Minutes in the Morning very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for the next level, March 6 2004
CoachKathleenR (Corning, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Since I first reviewed Jorge Cruise's 8 MM Real Shapes on October 29, there has been a lot of change in my body. Yes, I've stuck to the Cruise Program and got rid of 2 pounds a week as promised. Then maintained during the holidays. Getting rid of pounds again in the new year. My wardrobe - Aargh! Throw out the old and bring in the new. The biggest plus? With the simple 8 minutes of exercise, my shape is totally changed. I love it. Hey, I now HAVE a shape!! Yesterday I purchased Jorge's new book 8 MM Lean Hips and Thin Thighs. Time to fine tune my body. My daughter and several women she works with, plus a woman I work with, are all so impressed they've purchased Jorge's 8 MM books and started the Program. I'm a believer - in the Program, in the books.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's no where to go but down!, March 3 2004
Francine Tepper "earth goddess" (Beaverton, OR (formerly of the Bronx, NY) USA) - See all my reviews
This book delivers on it's promise. The exercises are designed for people who aren't as limber as some others, taking special care not to stress out the knees and back. Each day has 2 exercises which you alternate for the 8 minutes and the eating plan is simple (no food is evil and you get to have a little chocolate every day!) to work with. I went to his website and signed up to keep track of weigh ins, etc., and for the great support of everyone else going through the system, but I stil use the exercises from the book. But does it work, you ask? In the week and a half since I bought this book and started doing it - I've lost 7 pounds! I feel like I finally have hope and I know this book is the answer to so many people's prayers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Addressing the Saboteur in Your Head, Feb. 12 2004
How refreshing it is to find a total fitness approach based in changing the real impediment to weight loss for millions of people--their emotional dependence on food. While I don't believe that this book is a panacea for eating disorders, anyone who is willing to make an honest choice to address their emotional eating habits will find this an empowering and sensible approach to fitness, regardless of current size/weight.
The program promotes self love and acceptance at any size, identifying false beliefs about food and weight, replacing those beliefs, daily visualisations and goal review, isotonic/isometric exercises, and (get this!) a balanced approach to eating--vegetables, lean protein, carbohydrates and fats! Nothing is excluded!
The eating plan that Cruise presents mirrors the eating plan recommended by the National Institute for Cancer Research and is very very simple to follow.
Cruise recommends exercising first thing in the morning following goals and visualisation (short, simple visualisations are included in each day's workout plan), eating every three hours, drinking at least 2 quarts of water each day, getting enough sleep, taking one day off per week and focusing on positive changes for 28 days at a time. He claims that this program will produce a 10 lb. weight loss every 4 weeks--repeat 3 times for a 30 lb. loss.
It's not instant, it's not radical, but if emotional eating has been your stumbling block, this may be the program that changes the way you look at food, your body and fitness altogether.

1.0 out of 5 stars This does not live up to any expecttions, Dec 31 2003
By A Customer
I read the reviews carefully and ordered the book. What a disappointment. I am returning it today even though I have to pay the shipping. This is a book full of hype about the author, his picture on page after page, words of how wonderful he is--get real, try Dr. Phil's Ultimate Diet - much much better and realistic. Don't buy this book unless you want to spend money on slick pages with Jorge's picture on most of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was ready for it!, Oct. 29 2003
CoachKathleenR (Corning, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Over the past ... years (I'm 58), I've used various weight loss methods. I'd lose it, then find it...lose it, then find it. This book has the right combination: strengthening exercises (just 2 a day), food suggestions (no calorie counting; very little weighing), recruiting helpers, journalling, inspirational readings. After a couple of weeks, you're in the habit and liking it.
Sounds like a lot of time and energy. It is, in the beginning. Just like anything new. I'm in my fifth week. My energy level escalating within 2-3 days. My body showed obvious signs of firming up within a week. I've lost 9 pounds and like having minigoals.
Jorge Cruise doesn't push young, skinny bodies. He promotes health and well-being. If young, skinny bodes are the result, so be it. I feel great and am already getting comments about changes in my body. My favorite result is the increase in energy. Before Cruise, a walk was preceded by long debates with myself about whether or not I should do it. Now I find myself in the middle of a walk and wonder how I got there without all that self-debate.
I'll keep working with this book and when I've lost about 20 more pounds, I'm planning to switch to his other book--the one for losing 30# or less.
8 Minutes in the Morning for Real Shapes, Real Sizes: Specifically Designed for People Who Want to Lose 30 Pounds or More by Jorge Cruise is well worth the money. My health and fitness are worth much more than the cost of the book and the time it takes to do this great program.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›