4.0 out of 5 stars Every ice cream recipe tastes great
Great book. Love that the recipes are egg free. Would highly recommend this book for anyone looking to make some of the best ice cream they've ever tasted.
Published 18 months ago by Mark Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars I was really excited, but...
Published on Dec 23 2011 by J. Singer

4.0 out of 5 stars Every ice cream recipe tastes great, Jan. 6 2013
This review is from: Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home: More than 100 Addictively Good Artisanal Recipes (Hardcover)

1.0 out of 5 stars I was really excited, but..., Dec 23 2011
J. Singer "Softy mom" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I wanted an ice cream book with recipes that didn't include eggs, and this seemed like the perfect one. Got really good reviews on amazon.com. But I gotta say, the flavours are a bit too "chi-chi" for me if you know what I mean. Okay my kids are not interested in gouda ice cream, and the process is a pain, and it really doesn't create better ice cream. The process is the same for all recipes, so if you see a sample recipe on the internet, you can just adapt that as you like. It never got silky smooth like it was suposed to. All in all, I was really disappointed, and this will be one of the few cook books I actually ditch. BTW, I make ice cream every week, so it's not like I'm a novice, just disappointed.

CDN$ 31.95 CDN$ 20.03