5.0 out of 5 stars an important, easy read, May 23 2007
Sarie (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters (Paperback)
I picked this book up on a whim, and boy am I glad I did. This is a book I would recommend to anyone who likes to feel informed about the opinions they have. Whether you agree with the author's POV or not, the material is definitely food for thought. Some very, very important topics are covered in a sassy, entertaining way. I had never read Jessica's blog before, so this book was a nice surprise. Mom's, sisters, girlfriends - pick this up and start reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommed it, Oct. 7 2013
The author makes excellent points and back her work up with reputable sources, throughout. The text is written very colloquially with many curses. The book really comes full-circle and makes it an easy read all the way to the last page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, June 25 2012
This book was simply fantastic! Incredibly informative, and just the right amount of sassy humour from Valenti. It was a great resource for me, a young woman who wasn't really into feminism prior to my purchase. I would highly recommend this book if you're looking for a good resource to learn more about the modern feminist movement. Two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes simple is best, May 14 2007
Leah Wellwood - See all my reviews
The author of this book is a blogger on feministing.com. The book is written exactly the way she writes on the blog. It's like listening to a good friend talk about things that are important to her and things that should be important to all women. It's easy to understand and very simple, which is good for women just learning about feminism and good for women who've called themselves feminists for years (re-iterates many issues in straightforward ways). I loved this book and I recommend it to any woman and any man who loves women.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting and Easy Read, Oct. 26 2009
I purchased this book as it was required for my Feminists Theories class at the University I attend. It is obviously not a typical textbook for a senior level class, which is why it drew my attention. As I read the required readings, I found myself captivated by Valenti's original point of view and writing style. I really enjoy reading this book (and trust me, you don't hear that too often from students concerning textbooks). I recommend it to anyone interested in modern day feminism. Even if you don't see yourself as a feminist, this books opens your eyes to the very discreet ways in which women are still discriminated against and gets you thinking.

ARRAY(0xacdcb7a4)

Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters
Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters by Jessica Valenti (Paperback - April 17 2007)
CDN$ 20.95 CDN$ 15.12