biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on January 22, 2016
very good bead book
on August 14, 2015
This book was a God send. I had been trying for 3 months to bake bread with whole grain flour ( red fife, spelt, kamut) with very little success. After reading and understanding the science behind bread, I followed Peter's instructions and have had 90% success!!! I am thrilled and thankfull !!
on April 3, 2015
If you love everything whole grain this is the bread book for you. If you are new to bread making this book may be too technical. Be patient and read through the first few chapters. It helps to understand the part every bread ingredient play in the final product of delicious bread.
I would definitely recommend this book.
on August 19, 2014
Gift for DIL. She loves it.
on March 19, 2014
I'm learning how to make all our own breads and this book is highly recommended if you want whole grain breads. Reinhart's method really does work to give you breads of good volume, great texture and even better taste. Best of all, the instructions are easy to understand and will work if you follow them exactly.
on January 23, 2014
I wanted to learn how to bake whole grain breads and this cook book has helped me do just that... wonderful.
on January 8, 2014
My wife hasn't put this down since I gave it to her. She is systematically going through the recipes one by one. So far everything has turned out right. She also said, after making bread for close to fifty years, she has still got lots toearn.
on February 27, 2013
This is by far the best bread cook book I've ever bought. Every recipe I've made so far is exceptional in flavor and crumb. You will not be disappointed!!!
on January 19, 2013
Hi.
This is another Reinhart winner! He started us off on sourdough breads - he has good reliable recipes and techniques and explains everything clearly! Thank you.
on March 4, 2012
Since I purchased a flour mill about 5 years ago I've been making most of our family's bread and pasta with fresh-milled flour. I have 3 pretty athletic teenagers so that's a bit of a tall order, but (in my opinion) the savings and health benefits totally warrant it. Anyway, having turned out my fair share of hockey pucks over the years (which, I must add, the kids have gamely eaten every time!) I was ready for a new method. So while ordering some other books I threw in Reinhart's Whole Grain Breads, partly because it had decent reviews, partly to get a better rate on shipping.

Well, this book totally delivers. I started by reading through all the history and chemistry and microbiology stuff at the beginning and contrary to some of the reviews, I found it very helpful to have that background info. As for the recipes/formulas themselves, the ingredients and quantities are thoroughly explained and very well-defined; quantities are to the 0.5 gram - more precise than my weigh scale!. There are plenty of photos to illustrate the techniques as well, so it wasn't difficult to get the hang of it all.

So far, every single formula I've tried has turned out wonderfully well with home-milled wheat and rye flours. (I use white spring wheat.)

So far I've tried the basic recipe, mash bread, struan (wheat as well as multigrain), rye bread, seeded crackers, matzos, graham crackers... yup, all that, and the book arrived only 2 weeks ago. I haven't tried the transitional breads (don't have commercial flour at home anymore) so I can't comment on those. Everything has been whole-grain, home-milled and every single one of these formulas has been better-than-bakery. This book has made those hockey pucks a thing of the past.

Long story short: Reinhart says to let the bread cool for 2 hours before cutting it; it hasn't lasted that long except when I've doubled or tripled the quantities.

The only real disadvantage to this book has to do with my waistline... but that's not Reinhart's fault. I recommend this book to every home-baked-bread (and healthy-bread) enthusiast out there.