5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE BREAD ...THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU!
Published 19 months ago by kjmac

1.0 out of 5 stars a waste of time
If you ever baked any type of bread, this book is a waste of your time. Reinhardt offers very little insight on the art of making bread in this book which is really only a collection of recipes that can be found easily on the Internet. Very few pictures to show technique and seems extremely limited in variety of breads available. Very disappointed.
Published 15 months ago by brad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE BREAD ...THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU!, March 5 2013
kjmac - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day: Fast and Easy Recipes for World-Class Breads (Hardcover)
The recipes are easy to follow. Once you break the code of baking you can master nearly any recipe. I have been making bread for over 40 years. It took me a while to figure it out but when I did boy...oh...boy..I have lots of compliments on how wonderful my bread baking is. Two things I figured out ath lead to success is "NEVER" add all the flour the recipe calls for. Climate changes that. Always keep a cup back. The dough should always be sticky! The drier the dough the tougher the bread or buns. I sprinkle the last cup as needed out of a shaker. If your bread is too dry ...while kneading (kitchen aide) I run my fingers under the tap and shake three wet fingers once over the dough while kneading. Keep doing that until the dough is sticky. The bread will be as light as a feather if the dough is sticky. I always proof the yeast in a bowl with sugar and warm water for 10 minutes before adding it to the flour mixture. Once you remember to do these things ...and get to know the feel of sticky and dry....you will be on your way to great bread!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bake when you want to bake, Nov. 30 2009
Peter gives you the recipes and techniques to make you the boss of the bread. I am now baking after long slow ferments when I want to bake. I love the panetonne dough that uses a a sour starter. It is like a slice of heaven. I have all the other bread books and this is my current favorite, until Peter writes another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, Feb. 21 2010
Mark Dalpe "Opinionated consumer" (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This book has wonderful recipes that are easy to prepare and implement. The instructions contained in this book are clear and images are provied for visual reference. I beleive that people with some moderate baking experience will get the most from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to make great bread, Oct. 14 2010
snowstorm (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
I've been making my own bread for years, but not the kind of breads described in this book. I've had the book a short while and made two batches of bread carefully following the books directions. Both recipes were easy and turned out exactly as described. The bread is delicious. I look forward to trying more recipes from the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, super book, Feb. 15 2011
I discovered the beautiful world of artisan bread a few months ago. I had never heard of Peter Reinhart before then and I stumbled on this book while looking for another bread book. I was hooked by the pretty pictures of breads, dough, croissants the minute I laid my eyes on this book. I have now baked several of the breads and I am just getting better and better at the art of baking homemade breads. I credit this master baker and this particular book for taking me to a higher level of loaf artistry. Peter R. has made a lot of his recipes almost foolproof, so easy to make and more importantly....incredibly delicious. I would recommend this book a million times.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only bread book you'll ever need, July 3 2011
I searched the local library for all books related to artisan breads as I am fairly new to bread baking. I borrowed and tried several top rated books. This is one I borrowed twice as there were so many easy wonderful recipes I wanted to try. After the second time I bought my own copy. If you only buy one book, this is the one that will cover it all for baking wonderful breads and pastries. Mr. Reinhart allows for much versatility and personal creativity with his recipes as long as you follow his few simple rules. Among my personal favorites are the Chocolate Cinnamon Babka, the heavenly soft white bread, and my family says the bagels are so good I should quit my day job and go into the bagel business. For the novice as well as the more experienced baker, this is a must have tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to do, Sept. 18 2013
Bread recipes are very easy to follow and simple to make. The idea for letting dough develop flavor in the fridge has enabled me to fit baking bread into a very busy schedule. I was very happy to find out that the book also including a section of sweet breads (sticky buns, coffee cake, etc.).

4.0 out of 5 stars New Ideas, April 23 2013
not just another " cookbook" but rather a manual of baking philosophies to achieve unique style Artisan Breads , very useful,

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., July 31 2012
Nice book. If you have a couple days to make a loaf bread then this is the book for you. If not then keep looking.
It now lives in the book case.

5.0 out of 5 stars nicely done :-), July 8 2012
Marion Jackson "mjack" (Detmold, NRW Deutschland) - See all my reviews
This book describes every step very nice. You will get really good home baked breads if you follow the instructions. The overnight fermentation works perfect.
I would recommend this book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›