4.0 out of 5 stars Great for British Beer Info
For as long as I have been homebrewing, I have wanted to make English Ale. This book gives great info on making English Ale, from malt and hops, to great details on yeast types. This is one of my favorite homebrew references.
Published on Feb. 23 2000 by William Wible, Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough details on what makes "Real Ale" real...
Published on Aug. 11 1999 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough details on what makes "Real Ale" real..., Aug. 11 1999
Amazon Customer (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brew Own Brit Real Ale (Paperback)
There is no shortage of books which attempt to replicate commercial beers, and this book is not much more than that. I haven't tried brewing any of the recipes, although I'm sure they really do come close to their commercial counterparts. What I was looking for, though, was very specific details on the technical aspect of cask conditioning ale and the equipment involved. This book does not help much in that regard. It explains cask conditioning as the equivalent of bottle conditioning, but in a 'cask' which it only describes in a page or two.
If you are looking for recipes trying to emulate Real British Ale, this is the book. If you are looking for more information on brewing and storing cask conditioned ale, the details are insufficient.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for British Beer Info, Feb. 23 2000
William Wible, Jr. "broncobill" (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brew Own Brit Real Ale (Paperback)
Do not fault this book for not providing cellarsmanship info. If you want info on casks and such, try 'The CAMRA guide to Cellarsmanship'. If you can't find it here, amazon.com UK has it.

4.0 out of 5 stars More helpful than the Classic Beer Style series, March 26 2001
A. Burchfield (Conway, Missouri USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brew Own Brit Real Ale (Paperback)
A LOT more actual brewing information than the titles in the Classic Beer Style Series, not very much history. I'm no brewer but this one appears to me to at least come close to having enough information to actually brew these ales. It doesn't have a listing for further reading but still good to have.

Brew Own Brit  Real Ale
Brew Own Brit Real Ale by Wheeler (Paperback - March 19 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 25.35