5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Just Wonderful...
Published on May 30 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Little disapointed
Published on June 27 2003 by Miranda Lutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Just Wonderful..., May 30 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Naturally Healthy Hair: Herbal Treatments and Daily Care for Fabulous Hair (Paperback)
I really loved this book. It was the most concise, easily-followed beauty book I have ever read. When I followed her advice about how to wash your hair, what products to use, etc, my hair improved SO much...it is now bouncy, shiny, and I have almost NO split ends! A must-read for those who would like to know how to take care of your hair, and how to get healthy, shiny hair. Oh yes...and she also has a hair-style guide in there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Little disapointed, June 27 2003
Miranda Lutes (Nappanee, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This book offers a lot of information about ancient hair styles and technical information about the construction of the hair shaft and even the chemical make-up of the hair. Which is all good information to know if you are writing a research paper for cosmotology school. But if you are just looking for simple recipies to improve the health of your hair you may want to try a differnt book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Hair is a Fabulous Book!, Nov. 13 2001
Kimberlee Brown-Boyer (Mustang, Oklahoma United States) - See all my reviews
Two months after I received a spiral perm, my thick, healthy hair began to fall out in large handfulls! I tried all of those high-priced salon products and then I bought this book. It is clearly written in an informative and lively style and I immediately went to my health food store and bought some of the herbs and essential oils recommended for my particular problem. The book has recipes for shampoos, herbal rinses and conditioners for every imaginable hair type or problem and it is SO EASY to do! I treat my hair every weekend and the difference now (2 months later)is AMAZING! I think my hair is actually better! I will have Fabulous hair from now on! This book has been a life saver!

1.0 out of 5 stars A misnomer, March 28 2008
This book should have been called "How to bleach, perm, blow-dry your hair, use commercial products and still call yourself a natural". I make my own bar shampoo from scratch and was hoping to pick up some pieces of advice on how to keep my long wavy hair shiny and frizz-free - instead, I've got a whole bunch of ayurveda nonsense on what kind of tastes to avoid, a tutorial in breathing excercises, a lesson in how to read labels on commercial products and a suggestion to have a pot of water with essential oils simmering on the stove at all times in order to avoid static in my hair! As far as the "herbal treatments" sections is concerned, it is rather pathetic. There is a grand total of 5 recipes on styling products. So far I have only tried the citrus concoction - my hair got so glued together that I've almost broke a comb trying to get it separated, half my hair ended up on the floor and the half still attached to my head feels like hay. So for those who understands the word "natural" same way I do - using cheap, cheerful, earth-friendly ingredients in order to get your wash-and-wear hair looking its best with a minimum of fuss - do not bother with this book. The only redeeming aspect that has earned this book its one star is the low cost - an equivalent to wasting about 2 ccs of chamomile essential oil.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good how-to advice, Aug. 25 2002
Good book on natural hair care! I especially loved the recipes and ideas for conditioning hair oils and vinegars. Wish she would have talked about natural bar shampoos though - I love them, and nobody knows about them. It's the only way to go for all-natural hair care. But that's just an aside. :) Great recipes, and explanations of the different herbs, oils and essential oils used in all natural hair care. Very fun!
-maggie, [URL]

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for Beauty in the 21st Century!, Feb. 13 2000
I found Mary Beth's book "Naturally Healthy Hair" to be a fabulous integration of beauty and science. I have been extremely concerned about the use of chemicals in beauty products, not only on my hair and body, but also the impact on the environment. Mary Beth gives us many holistic options for both. I found her book easy to read and integrate the concepts into my everyday life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Hair, June 24 2002
Cheryl (Oak Harbor, wa USA) - See all my reviews
Great book. I have bought tons of these beauty type books and this is the first one I have read in detail. It has information in it about diet and reducing stress an overall better you book.

Naturally Healthy Hair: Herbal Treatments and Daily Care for Fabulous Hair