5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this book!, Nov. 3 2001
J. A. Stapleton (VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Games on Horseback (Paperback)
I am a therapeutic riding instructor who purchased this book to supplement my lesson plans. I never saw it in person and was absolutely thrilled to see the wealth of ideas it contains. I sometimes run short of creative games to play in my classes and this book has definitely changed that. Since my largest class only has five riders and the levels don't follow the same lines, I don't really follow the instructions to form. The games are easily adaptable for therapeutic riding. I would encourage any TR instructor to purchase this book. I'm sure it would be great for regular riding programs as well. It is the most useful games book I have ever seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for finding something fun to do while riding., Feb. 27 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Games on Horseback (Paperback)
Lots of fun suggestions that will work for your next speed show or just for having fun with friends. The book indicates what level the rider needs to be at for each game, as well as advises what safety precautions should be taken. There are games for all seasons of the year and for all riding levels. The book includes drawings of arena or field setup where necessary and has photos of riders participating in the games. The instruction on each of the games also includes information about what skills the rider and horse are developing while playing these games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas!, April 28 2014
This review is from: Games on Horseback (Paperback)
Great book for instructors planning on working with children. Straight forward lesson plans, and easy to read format, detailed descriptions and illustrations. Lots of easy to use games for all levels of riders.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful games, March 28 2014
This review is from: Games on Horseback (Paperback)
I was looking for different things to do with my
older horses. Games are fun for rider & horse,
so I'm looking forward to playing broom ball
this spring. Well written & illustrated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and apply, July 1 2012
This review is from: Games on Horseback (Paperback)
Wasn't sure what I had ordered, but was pleasantly surprised. Simple, do-able games, guidance in how to apply and suggestions of how each game helps to improve the riders abilities. Would like to have seen more games for the lone rider, but the ideas provided are able to be altered to suit the circumstances.

Games on Horseback
Games on Horseback by Betty Bennett-Talbot (Paperback - Jan. 5 1999)
CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 15.64