march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on August 27, 2010
Perfect little pocket reference book. I've knit for a long time and have several other reference books. None that answer specific questions such as, "What kind of edging should I do for a lacy shawl?" This book does. I love it.
on August 6, 2008
This book is sturdy and thorough. It's compact enough to travel with and will answer all basic questions and quite a few complicated ones. It never leaves my knitting bag.
on December 30, 2013
I would recommend this book for both new and experienced knitters. Anything you come across and are unsure of you will find here. It is now my go to book.
on July 16, 2014
lots of hints in case a knitter runs into trouble
on July 27, 2009
A less encompassing title would have been more accurate. I feel that this book is geared toward beginner and intermediate level knitters. It is easy to read and the instructions are clear. The content can be found from several other sources ei magazines, books, web pages, forums, knitters, yarn shop staff etc which could be very time consuming. Therefore its practical aspect is to have all the information gathered under one book with a reliable index to quickly take us to the answers we are seeking. I would have preferred plastic coil rather than its present stiff spine to facilitate consulting. Its size and lightness make it very portable and easy to locate among other accessories. Under Ressources the sections tittled "Garnment Sizing Guidelines" and "Common Abreviations Found in Knitting Patterns" are welcomed additions. Overall a useful, concise and clearly written reference book. I took away 2 stars due to the stiff spine and the finite pretentions of the tittle. Knitting is always evolving and questions and answers will never cease. Knitters progress to more technically demanding designs and the scope of their questions change accordingly. Again I feel this book is for all beginners' knitting bags in order to comfort them in their craft and per after keep the book handy just in case .
on September 19, 2014