5.0 out of 5 stars Not a scheme, a method of marketing..that works
I am amused and happy that so many people are still in the dark about Network Marketing or MLM. While I agree that network marketing organizations are configured in the form of a pyramid, so are billion dollar corporations, schools and churhes.
It is not illegal. Nor should it be.
Published on July 7 2004 by CyberMan

1.0 out of 5 stars Pyramid Scheme Building
Network or MLM (Multi Level marketing) is a kind of semi-legal pyramid scheme. It is a variant of what used to be called a Ponzi scheme. The addition of actual merchandise to a pyramid scheme does not significantly change the nature of the beast. The people on top make money, the others lose (sometimes big time).
OK If you make any real money with the methods...
Published on Jan. 12 2004 by Filippo Neri

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a scheme, a method of marketing..that works, July 7 2004
This review is from: Make Your First Million In Network Marketing: Proven Techniques You Can Use to Achieve Financial Success (Paperback)
It is not illegal. Nor should it be.
In normal corporate management, you start at the bottom and have to try to pass those above you (good luck!) In most cases, it takes 25-40 years to move up that pyramid.
In network marketing, you also start at the bottom but can pass anyone who is above you in your line of sponsorship. You are not limited. In network marketing, you have the option to do in 2-5 years what takes most people 25-40 years (if they ever make it) to do the conventional way.
MARY AND WAYNE do an excellent job explaining network marketing and offer a system to literally make your first million.
Going back to my opeing line, why am I happy and amused about the critics of network marketing? It's very simple, when this great method of marketing becomes obvious to the masses, the opportunity will be gone. As long as there will be critics, there will also be critics. Sort of like franchising back in the 60's (franchising was almost shut down by the government in 1963) At that time, nobody would touch it. Now you can't get a good franchise in a good location anymore. It will happen to MLM too. That is why I am building now before that happens.
Good book Wayne and Mary. I am recommending this to everyone in my downline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Re: semi-legal pyramid scheme, May 10 2004
By A Customer
Alot of people think that network market is a semi-legal pyramid scheme, but not all network marketing companies are a pyramid. If many of you do your research, you'll see that companies such as life plus, melaleuca, market america, etc. are true network marketing companies they'll really compensate you if you refer people to their company & products. Before anyone pre-judges a network marketing company, do your research on each company, plan, products, etc. The true pyramid schemes are the one's that you get in the mail that ask you to send between a $1 - $5 to each name & address, and in return, you'll make millions within a few months...that's a true pyramid scheme, I know because I've lost money to these pyramids through the mail. I now know how to tell the difference between a pyramid & a real opportunity. These pyramid schemes give real & great network marketing companies a bad reputation. So again, do your research on a company before enrolling or sending out money. There are truly real gold mines out there, so please do your research by reading articles on them, and check the Better Business Bureau ([...]) . Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get This Book In Spite of The Title, Sept. 14 2003
By A Customer
I absolutely love this book.It is extremely thorough on everything that is vitally important to not only getting your business off to a good start and beyond, but it gives you UNDERSTANDING of why you have to do to those things to succeed. I don't know about you but I need background & clarity on something before I go and do it. Plus, I am a teacher by profession so I need facts and details.I hesitated buying this book b/c the title was so daggone cheesy so I wasted my money on other books that were a lot of hype and too general. This is not one of them. She clearly and plainly covers ALL areas from your first phone calls to when one moves into leadership and how to train your trainers.Get this book you be glad you did in spite of its title. This book, Street-Smart Network Marketing and Selling Among The Wolves w/o Joining the Pack are the three foundations of my network marketing library.No hype just straight forward useful information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankyou Mary and Wayne, Nov. 5 2002
I was new to a cosmetic network marketing company and had read about 15 books on network marketing and getting started.Most were helpful but not exactly what I needed and then I read Mary and Waynes book. That was about a year ago.It was enjoyable to read and full of all the information I was looking for. At the time I had no upline close to help me. This book became my "upline. I highly recomend it to anyone starting out in network marketing and anyone who has been in for awhile and needs fresh ideas. I have it on my "must have" supply list for all my new distributors. Also by following the book I am on my way to my first million. Thankyou Mary and Wayne

5.0 out of 5 stars From A Network Marketing Executive, Jan. 15 2003
Bradford Richardson (Sandy, UT United States) - See all my reviews
As VP of International Development for USANA, a leading direct selling company, I found this book to be one of the most simple and comprehensive books about our industry. I use this book to train new staff and recommend it to any distributors seeking a roadmap for getting started. Mary provides new associates with a clear understanding of what to do (step by step)if they want to be successful in this industry. I would recommend it to anyone seeking to build a network marketing business and I give out copies on a regular basis. READ IT AND SUCCEED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here, stay here, May 30 2002
Denis (Auckland New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Network marketing is a tough business. Everything depends, at least at the start, on one person's skills and enthusiasm. This book recognises this and takes the reader in a clear, concise and helpful way through the beginning and on to building something that's going to produce serious money. The section on getting and keeping customers - the heart of a network business - is particularly good. If there's such at thing as that elusive animal - the one stop shop - this is as close as it gets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here, stay here, May 30 2002
By A Customer
Network marketing is a tough business. Everything depends, at least at the start, on one person's skills and enthusiasm. This book recognises this and takes the reader in a clear, concise and helpful way through the beginning and on to building something that's going to produce serious money. The section on getting and keep customers - the heart of a network business - is particularly good. If there's such at thing as that elusive animal - the one stop shop - this is as close as it gets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make Your First Million in Network Marketing, July 15 2001
Mary Robbins (Auckland New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This is an extremely helpful book -- especially if you plan to join, manage or run a network marketing organisation. The disciplines the authors include are worth the book's weight in .. solid sales! Very pertinent and spot on. You know these guys speak from experience, rather than theory. I'm in marketing and while the examples aren't always true for my clients, I certainly could relate them with ease to my professional life.

5.0 out of 5 stars start here, stay here, May 30 2002
Denis (auckland, new zealand) - See all my reviews
Network marketing is a tough business to start. It tends to rely on one person's skills and enthusiasm. The authors obviously know this and have set out a clear, informative and concise guide to getting it done. The material on getting and keeping new customers - the heart and soul of a network business - is particularly strong. Because it is comprehensive this is the book to get moving with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pyramid Scheme Building, Jan. 12 2004
Filippo Neri (Los Alamos, NM) - See all my reviews
OK If you make any real money with the methods described in this book, write me (and don't lie)!

Used & New from: CDN$ 4.61