5.0 out of 5 stars A great documentation, July 20 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: New York City: A Photographic Potrait of Five Boroughs (Hardcover)
I bought the book based on the coverphoto. Regarding that I in fact wanted a book on New York, I cannot say I regret it. The book is fully illustrated with beautiful photographs of New Yorks five boroughs. Though I`ve been to New York five times before I`ve only been to Manhattan and Queens, but I surely was tempted to see all five boroughs when I go back during fall -99. The photographs has a soul in a way and all represent a motion or a mood that I catched right away. I could actually feel the smells the sounds and the dynamic pulse New York stands for. Pete Hamill's text as an introduction to each borough gives the reader a fully good and poetic insight in New Yorks majestic soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars THEY WILL RISE AGAIN!!, Sept. 16 2001
"nene718" (New York City) - See all my reviews
I bought this book back in 1999. I am a New Yorker and I wanted a book that showcased all of my wonderful city. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought that I would have to look at this book in order to ever see the World Trade Center again. After the attack on New York City on Sept.11, 2001, my whole world as I knew it changed forever. This wonderful, beautiful book is my only reminder of the New York City that I have known and loved all my life. I know the Twin Towers will rise again! Until then I have my book!

New York City: A Photographic Potrait of Five Boroughs
New York City: A Photographic Potrait of Five Boroughs by Pete Hamill (Hardcover - Oct. 1 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 11.44