Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on July 19, 2001
Lindsey Chamberlain is a wonderful heroine, supremely self-confidant, self-assured, and intelligent. She's a forensic anthropologist and an archaeologist who specializes in bones. She's on a dig in Georgia when she discovers some bones that shouldn't be there -- too recent. I thoroughly enjoyed this book; I found it a fast, absorbing read, and I felt like I had learned something when I finished it.
I will admit that this is not my favorite novel in the series -- I feel that Ms. Connor is still discovering who this character is. I prefer the more recent novels, like "Skeleton Crew" and "Airtight Case" -- the author's voice seems more certain and sure.
But, even so, I still enjoyed this novel very much. I highly recommend it to any mystery lover!
on July 12, 2001
Someone recommended this series to me along with Kathy Reichs books about Tempe Brennan. Both series focus on forensic anthropology with a lot of detail and scientific fact. While Reichs books focus mostly on the crime stories, Connor also throws in a heaping dose of archaeology. I've read two of the Lindsay Chamberlain stories so far--I wish the books were easier to find, they are so enjoyable. A Rumor of Bones is worth the price just for the scene with the radio in the tree. I laughed out loud and still chuckle to myself thinking about it. I'll be looking out for the rest of the novels in the series, and I hope to read more Lindsay Chamberlain novels than the five currently in print.
on January 24, 2002
This series is a favorite of mine. I've read all the books in the reverse order of their publication---starting with Airtight Case (which is my favorite). I thoroughly enjoyed each one. I gave this one 4 stars instead of 5, because I thought Connor did a better job in the other books of defining the characters. That's not to say I didn't like this one, I liked it very much. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series. (Where is it, by the way?)