5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read
I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to recieve Volume 2 in the mail. It is in black and white, and has nice artwork. There is some great shots of Zombies bitting the dust.

Published on March 21 2009 by Charles Francis

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too fast paced for character development
Published 4 months ago by A. Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, March 21 2009
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)

I think the story is really character driven. There is some good action as well, but naturally it isn't a bunch of super heroes slaughtering Zombies left and right. Instead these are humans trying to survive, and you can feel their plight. It really drives home what a zombie appocalypse might feel like. Especially the mental issues (breakdowns etc.) that the characters go through.

Also this is one of the better Hardcovers I bought, nice thick durable cover, without a slip cover. The paper quality didn't feel cheap or anything. No wasted pages on bonuses, but some fantastic art included at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Collection of this Amazing Story, July 5 2012
Tarkonus "S.H" (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
First off these hardcover editions that Image is putting out for Spawn and Walking Dead are amazing. There is no slip cover so the cover you see in the picture is actually printed on the hardcover which is awesome because you don't have to worry about damaging the slip cover.

This collection begins the walking dead epic if you are a fan of the show and want to learn more about the walking dead universe this is a great place to start. It is very different from the show in the sense that the core of the stories is there but the TV show does diverge off into its own set of stories. This collection is fantastic the black and white really conveys the end of the world hopeless feeling you get from the walking dead. The glossy pages really bring out the black and white art of Tony Moore (who leaves the series a few issues in) and Charlie Adlard. Robert Kirkman has a great grasp of Dialogue and really makes you feel for the characters. The best part about these stories is nobody is safe, there is no horror movie rule book anyone can and will be killed and it makes for fantastic on the edge reading.

If you are a collector like I am you will love collecting these books they look awesome side by side on your shelf and really become a Jewel of any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop reading it!!, Dec 2 2010
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
I had heard some people talking about this series. Then I saw the news about it being turned into a TV show. I wanted to see what all of the buzz was about. I'm so glad I did.

I didn't want to stop reading these comics. This first set in the series has me hooked.

You're drawn in to the story from the first few pages. It expertly fleshes out the characters and all the issues they are facing in a time of crisis. It dives deep into their minds and explores what real people would actually do in the event of a zombie appocalypse. (You never know, it could happen with all the experimental chemical weapons nations have been creating over the years.)

The presentation of the book itself is excellent! It's a very sturdy hardcover book. Well worth the money. The little extras in the back are great too.

I also really enjoyed the art styles used in these comics; the artists are insanely talented individuals.

I'm ordering the next couple of hardcover books shortly. I would highly recommend this comic book series to anybody who enjoys a great story, amazing artwork...and zombies. Haha!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, April 21 2012
paul (Driftpile Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
I love how the book is made and the quality of the book,there is a lot of differences
from the tv series,i could not be more happy with this book and cant wait to read them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing series, March 14 2012
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
I've never been into graphic novels until I started to read the Walking Dead. Of course I watched the TV show first, I will admit that, but the graphic novel is a lot more interesting to me. I would suggest it to anybody who is interested in getting into comics and anyone who is just willing to read something new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 14 2014
Good book

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too fast paced for character development, May 22 2014
A. Gray (Guelph, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
I started out as a fan of the show, and then decided to read the books. The show has you feeling anxiety and "when-will-this-situation-resolve" tension, but that came from the show's directing - not the original writing in the books. In the books, the storyline moves way too fast, which ruins the suspense. The character development is also harmed by the pace of the story. If I hadn't watched the show first I don't think I would have actually known who the characters were, even by the end of this volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book., Feb. 21 2014
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
A must have for any W.D. Fan. Hardcover and great story. Worth every dollar. You will not be disappointed with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it before you watch the show., Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
Much better than the AMC series! You will be very happy you picked this up before you watched the show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blew my Mind, Dec 4 2013
This review is from: The Walking Dead Book 1 (Hardcover)
This series I was not hooked on right away. I began watching the show and someone recommended the books. I thoroughly enjoyed the show but love the books even better. The books captures you in and always has a turning corner as any character you get attached to could die at any moment. Very unpredictable and more graphic than the tv series.

The Walking Dead Book 1
The Walking Dead Book 1 by Robert Kirkman (Hardcover - Oct. 12 2010)
CDN$ 40.50 CDN$ 23.16