4.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource

1.0 out of 5 stars Improper Information
Published on Sept. 3 2002 by Jamie D. Greene

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, Jan. 16 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Bearded Dragon: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet (Hardcover)
This book has a great natural history section, some interesting chapters on things Australian (filler, really, but nice filler), good layout, decent editing, and nice pictures. I recommend this and The General Care and Maintenance of Bearded Dragons by Vosjoli/Mailloux as two must haves. The latter is a bit better on husbandry issues while this book is ahead on natural history, biology and veterinary care information. Together, they provide a solid base of knowledge to the new bearded dragon owner.
One note: Don't feed Kale to young dragons, or as a primary food source for adults. It's been found to bind calcium, keeping calcium from being absorbed by the dragon. This can be detrimental to the development of these fast growing lizards. I'm surprised that this information isn't in either of these books, but there ya go. One thing keeping it from getting the 5th star.

5.0 out of 5 stars bearded dragons, Dec 22 2003
By A Customer
I love bearded dragons and have been doing research on them for a long time. Many of my friends and family have beardies and i hope to get one soon.My friend has this book and it provides alot of useful informacion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Improper Information, Sept. 3 2002
Jamie D. Greene (Milton, WV United States) - See all my reviews
I hate to be the only one who has a problem with this book, but I can't keep my mouth shut. This book was poorly written at best, containing information that was erroneous and possibly detrimental to the health of pet beardies. The author relied on what I basically refer to as "guesswork" rather than actual documented bearded dragon information. Just enough information to be ignorant is a dangerous thing. If you value your pet beardie, don't invest in this book. If you are interested in a book with a lot of good (correct) information, I would recommend: "The Bearded Dragon Manual" by Phillippe De Vosjoli/Robert Mailloux/et al. It is by far the most comprehensive guide to the care of bearded dragons at all stages of growth and development.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great book!, April 12 2001
I recently bought a Bearded Dragon and bought several books about this lizard. I have to say that this book is one of the best. It is written in a very personal way (unlike many other "take care of your pet books" and I really like that. It is also very informative and has a lot of great images. The book tells you everything you have to know if you are a Bearded Dragon owner or wants to buy one - how to choose a Bearded Dragon, the terrarium, terrarium set up, breeding, the right food etc. I especially found the "food part" informative and with a lot of nice pictures. I highly recommend this book! My BD appreciated it! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Beardie Book on the Market, Feb. 25 2001
By A Customer
As a reptile rehabber, I have all the books on lizards and this series is by far my favorite. It starts with natural history of the Beardie. It goes over anatomy and physiology, how to choose a beardie, how to house, feed, care, and breed beardies. The care portion includes all stages of the animal's life. It has details on cage design with the health of the animal in mind. It has a wonderful health care section that includes nutritional needs, genetic problems, tramatic injury, and infectious disease. If you still have questions, this book also has a list of resources all over the US so you can contact other Beardie owners or find a breeder in your area. I recommend this book to everyone who adopts a Beardie out of our facility.
Note: please read this book BEFORE you get the Beardie so you know what you're in for. They are great pets, but a lot of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars the bearded dragon:An Owners Guide To A Happpy Healthy pet, Sept. 3 2000
By A Customer
It helped me a lot. It is jam packed with information on feeding and other things too. It is the best bearded dragon book I have ever read in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Welcome Addition!, March 15 2000
Steve Grenard's book fills pretty much all the prior gaps in available information. The pictures are clear and interesting and his way of presenting the facts make this book an easy and enjoyable read for anyone who takes their Bearded Dragon seriously.
This book is a very well-rounded presentation of the subject and together with Vosjoli/ Mailloux this book is a 'must have' for all BD owners or those thinking about acquiring one of these engaging animals.
Bill Mears. BorderView Bearded Dragons, Canada

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best I Have Read, Oct. 21 1999
By A Customer
If you only buy one book on Beardeds, this should be it. Nicely illustrated and the most comprehensive book on Beardeds that I have run across. Buy It!

ARRAY(0xaddb0d5c)

The Bearded Dragon: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet
The Bearded Dragon: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet by Steve Grenard (Hardcover - March 12 1999)
CDN$ 15.99 CDN$ 11.67