5.0 out of 5 stars baby foodie
this is a great book for foodie parents. great way to introduce ethnic foods to your baby. I will highly recommend and likely collect the rest of the books from this collection
Published 12 months ago by mmmaro

2.0 out of 5 stars doesn't compare to Hola Jalapeno
I bought this because my two and half year old nephew has enjoyed Hola Jalapeno for many months and I thought I'd try something new. He loves to be read to but this one just won't keep his interest. I'll keep trying. Maybe when he's a bit older.
Published on April 9 2004 by K. R. Murtagh

4.0 out of 5 stars Teacher's Evaluation, Jan. 14 2003
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
For pre-school or kindergarten children...story is fine. For 1st through 3rd grade, it's a wonderful textbook...for concepts, culture and Japanese language. Lend's itself to "theme" teaching including artwork, kimono dress-up, etc. May not be as much a "cookbook" for kids as it is a resource for variety of concepts. In some ways, as good as Sesame Street videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, Jan. 1 2003
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
Better than your typical baby book. A subject and rhymes that parents will enjoy. Give it to your favorite sushi loving new parents, along with the sushi bib and burpcloth (available from select online baby stores)

1.0 out of 5 stars first book of crap, Dec 14 2002
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
This was a waste of money. I'm not even giving it as a gift. It's awful. Don't waste your money

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite of Sanger's Books..., Nov. 26 2002
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
We bought this for our daughter, along with Amy Sanger's Hola Jalapeño and Let's Nosh, for Christmas. By far, this has been my husband's and my favorite of the three. We love the simple drawings and rhymes and find them a great way to introduce our child to some of our favorite foods. We can't wait until she is old enough to enjoy Japanese food with us, but for now, the book is entertaining for all of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars hotter than wasabi and cooler than pink pickled ginger, July 26 2002
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
Like the book says, "Someday I'll eat with chopsticks / But today just with my hands." Why should the preschool set be limited to hardened paper stock books with colors, shapes, letters, numbers and animal. Future Foodies need books like this. The graphics are bold and bright, and the rhymes are fun. With "miso in my sippy cup / tofu in my bowl", this book on your cribs will make for tickled ribs.

5.0 out of 5 stars First book Of Sushi, Feb. 20 2002
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
This book is brilliantly illustrated, and lets face it there's enough generic baby-blah books to choose from. First book of sushi is highly unique. My family lives in hawaii, and we patronize many sushi restaraunts, and in that aspect its a great way to expose my daughter to other cultures, and expand her tastes beyond typical kid food boundaries. Get the book, you will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sushi, Oct. 19 2001
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
This is a wonderful book. Our 8 month old loves the pictures and rhymes. Wonderful way to expose our son to a type of food we love. We plan on taking the book with us on our next trip for sushi.

5.0 out of 5 stars thumbs up, Sept. 10 2001
Kathryn Foster (Woods Hole, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
A wonderful childs book. Great text, great artwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars thumbs up, Sept. 10 2001
This review is from: First Book of Sushi (Board book)
This is a great book for tykes. It's visually pleasing and the text is well thought out and catchy......

ARRAY(0xb286f8e8)

First Book of Sushi
First Book of Sushi by Amy Wilson Sanger (Board book - June 15 2001)
CDN$ 7.99 CDN$ 7.59