march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on May 1, 2011
This is a great book if you are completely new to the Law of Attraction. It's where I started. As I was reading The Secret I continued reading because I was waiting for some down to earth tips and I finished it without getting any. But I did find what I was looking for in other books. The one that made the biggest impact on me was Read Me - I Am Magical. It will take you to the next level of reality creation. Another one I would recommend is Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires however the less spiritual might find this one quite challenging. Good luck!
on August 27, 2012
The book is an excellent way to view the world and live your life. It's a refreshing way to mentally and physically change your surroundings. I am fortunate to have received this superior knowledge. I love it. Thank you to the powers that be.
Sidster
on March 12, 2007
I found this book boring and silly. I found it average as far as motivating goes but at the same time disagreed with much of the book. If you buy this book make sure you have several sources for the same type of information.
on March 20, 2016
Thought it was more of a story - not so much of a point on point explanation from different specialists!
Still a very interesting read
on May 14, 2014
Very repetitive
Has some interesting and valid points
Not overly unique compared to other books I've read in this realm
on August 16, 2007
I wish I could give this book a 5-Star Rating, because I appreciate the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are now much more aware that their thoughts DO influence what they manifest in their lives. And that's an important first step in understanding how to create a life that is more joyful and fulfilling. However, there is much more to the manifestation process than is mentioned in this book. Here is just one example: The Secret tells you over and over again that through positive thinking you will "attract what you want to you." But the fact is, you rarely literally attract what you want to you. What you attract are the people, circumstances, and opportunities that LEAD YOU to what you want. In other words, when you utilize the principles mentioned in The Secret, doors open. But you have to RECOGNIZE those doors for what they are, and then GO THROUGH THEM. And that involves TAKING ACTION. Many people who read The Secret walk away with the impression that visualizing what you want and generating positive feelings about it is the entire process. It isn't -- not by a long shot. You can't just sit around waiting for what you want to be dropped into your lap (although it is possible for that to happen). Generally, you have to DO something, no matter how little. The "real secret" to manifesting what you want to have, do, or be in life is being open and receptive to the many ways that the universe guides you forward, and then being willing to take the steps that you are being divinely directed to take. If that point was mentioned more than just once in The Secret, I might have been inclined to give it a higher rating.

Steven Lane Taylor, author of Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow
on November 12, 2015
Looked new as described
on April 25, 2008
The real secret is much more than the contents of this book. I am a "beginner" student of thought and I consider that this writing does not "attack" on the essential, is more commercially made to be sold and is selling very old ideas. Yet the presentation and the summaries at the end of each chapter are fine, like a positive reminder of what can be followed, still not enough to perceive and make it happen!
There are books written by Napoleon Hill, Claude Bristol, Joseph Murphy and other currents: New Age, Quantum Physics, Extra-sensory perception, etc that each says something, yet NOT enough to tap the secret. The Bible is an "advanced" reading and very cryptic in some ways. Above all: God, Love, Burning Desire, Faith linked to the invisible that surrounds us can bring light to a few.
on September 13, 2007
Maybe I've read too many books like this, but I have read this stuff before. However, there is value in reading the same thing a different way, because sometimes you can relate to it better.
The Secret didn't really give me the "how to" that I was seeking. And I found it hard to believe the authors claims that she healed her own vision, read books on quantum physics and understood them perfectly, and that if you believe food won't make you fat, it won't. To me, that almost discredited the book as a whole.
If you have not read this type of book before, it is probably a good introduction. I suggest that this book be followed up by "Being in Balance: 9 principles for creating habits to match your desires" by Wayne Dyer and "How to Get What you Want and Want What you Have" by John Gray as further reading. This answered many of the questions that came up from reading The Secret and also told me How to do it, especially Wayne Dyer's book.
on October 25, 2007
I found this book to be a nice introduction but I would also recommend FREE YOUR MIND by Anthony Stultz and BIG MIND by Dennis Merzel for a more practical approach.