Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

on June 28, 2003
Hard to describe how useful this book is. Tell people about it, and they're likely to say, 'Oh, you mean a thesaurus,' and you say, 'No, not exactly,' and then they say, 'Oh, a reverse dictionary?' and you say, 'No. Better.' It's for those times when you sort of know what you're trying to say, but you either can't think of the word or you've used a word too much and you need to jiggle loose from your cranium some new ways of trying to say it. And it leads you on and on down an ever branching set of references so pretty soon you find yourself just sitting down and reading the Flip Dictionary instead of writing. It's that much fun.
An invaluable resource, recommended to me by a fellow writer.
on April 25, 2004
The Flip Dictionary contains all sorts of word alternatives for words and word ideas. When you are writing, and you keep using the same word over and over, or can't express a word clearly, this is the book to turn to. In addition to being an indispensable writing resource, it is a lot of fun to read if you are a word lover. The Flip Dictionary also contains many interesting sidebars for words with many derivatives and alternate possibilites. I keep it on my desk at all times.
(Dr. Simeon Hein is the author of Opening Minds: A Journey of Extraordinary Encounters, Crop Circles, and Resonance (Mount Baldy Press, Inc., (2002))
on August 7, 2003
I first saw this dictionary at my library. I thought it would be very useful when I write. I write all of the time. Sometimes I get stuck at a certain word or phrase. I know what I want to say but I know there's a better or different way to say it. I would flip through the book and find exactly what I needed. And since having the dictionary--I went out to buy one for myself--my writing has improve. I'm not using little words as often in my writings. I think every writer--or anyone for that matter--should get this dictionary. It'll help improve your vocabulary. I know that I'll be using this book for while! ^_^
on May 7, 2014
This book was love at first flip for me. It's been within easy reach ever since. I use it constantly and wonder now how I ever got along without it.