5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Feb. 17 2014
This review is from: The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics (Paperback)
It is an excellent book to have ....fun to read with loads of information ! Easy to incorporate with my every day life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent learning book, Aug. 23 2010
This review is from: The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics (Paperback)
Really easy to read, fun and well explain. I just love it and use it often as a reference for cooking recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, May 26 2011
This review is from: The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by my gynaecologist as I had stage four endometriosis and my husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for well over a year. I started the diet offered in this book as soon as I received my copy in the mail. Within two weeks of following this book I had no symptoms of endometriosis and within one and a half months of starting the diet I was pregnant!

This book is great because it explains the different ratios of food groups that women should follow (as opposed to men). Other Macrobiotic books (in my opinion) are more for men.

It was very easy to follow this diet as well with this book (well at least knowing what foods and meals to cook. Finding some of the items can be difficult and probably impossible if you are in a small rural town). The recipes are great.

Just a great, great book!

P.S. I did take supplements while on this diet as I was trying to get pregnant. I would recommend taking supplements as there is very little to no meat consumption and no dairy. Goats milk and goats milk cheeses were great substitutes for me. You will definitely see and feel a difference in your body in a very short time!

ARRAY(0xb4f0c510)

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics
The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics by Jessica Porter (Paperback - Sept. 13 2004)
CDN$ 21.00 CDN$ 15.33
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available