5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have for long time RPG programmers
Published on Oct. 23 2002 by Todd Nashville

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better
I have mixed reviews about this book. I had alot of good information, but still left me with many unanswered questions. The main problem with this book is that he only shows you one way to do things. There's more than one way to display a web page, but he only shows you the dynamic approach. Which is fine, if you have small web pages to load. What if you want to...
Published on July 7 2000 by Blade329

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Did the author write all these positive reviews?, Dec 7 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: e-RPG: Building AS/400 Web Applications with RPG (Paperback)
I had great hope for what what I could learn from this book. But it's mostly on and on about little useful how to stuff. At COMMON recently I strolled past the (new publisher cause they said the original went Bankrupt) publisher's booth and they were joking about writing online reviews and testimonials! They must not have known I was there. I looked over his new book hoping it would address the important stuff but it's wasn't much better and it's too expensive to make this mistake again.
If it's the boss's money what the heck. If it's your money then keep looking!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have for long time RPG programmers, Oct. 23 2002
Todd Nashville (Westfield, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I have 2 words for you YEA ! and THANKS !. You have renewed my faith in the AS/400. I have been a RPG programmer since 1985. Over the years I have been fearful that PC's and the Web would take over. I am so glad to see that is not the case. I have been through two of your books, e-RPG building AS/400 Web Applications with RPG and Stone on CGIDEV2. They have been very helpful in allowing me to keep my career heading in the right direction. (no more night sweats about my nephews learning HTML and taking over my job)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Books - E-RPG and E-RPGv2., Oct. 21 2002
Greg M (Parsippany, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
If you are a CGI programmer or just want to learn about it, then these books are just the ticket. Easy to understand and source code is included. Web programming utilizes many AS/400 APIs, some of which are cumbersome to use, but Brad gives you wrappers and service programs which make using them a breeze. I would suggest buying both books as v2 continues where the first book ends.

5.0 out of 5 stars e-RPG the easy way., June 4 2002
Andre M. Ray (Rochester, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is an absolute must for any programmer who uses RPG and wants to start putting applications on the web.
Brad Stone shows you everything you need to know form setting up the AS/400 (iSeries) as a web server, using HTML and JavaScript, using RPG to create the CGI needed to process web pages and completing it with an example online shop !!
This book made things seem extremely easy I was expecting to need in depth knowledge of API's but no he explains them with easy to understand words and even gets you to create what you need into a service program.
All I need to say is wow!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best web application book for ISERIES(AS/400) system, March 19 2002
By A Customer
This is a great book for any Iseries(AS/400) shop thinking of doing web application... Thanks Brad for parting your knowledge in such simple and prcatical terms. Looking forward for the 2nd edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars RPG to the Web (e-RPG), Feb. 28 2002
Mike Gimblet (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
Bradley's book has served as a total guide for our company's web site. While I still have a lot to learn, Bradley's book still serves as a constant reference. The book is very easy to read and follow and gives very good examples. In addition, I have found Bradley to be available for personal questions. He is very helpful and is always willing to leng a helping hand. You can't ask for much more than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars RPG to the Web (e-RPG), Feb. 27 2002
Mike Gimblet (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
Brad's book has been instrumental in the development of our company's web site. It has and continues to serve as an excellent source of information. We have taken some of our RPG legacy programs and created beneficial sites for our agents to view. Response from the field has been very good. Brad's book is easy to read and Brad himself, is very accessible and willing to answer any problems. I highly recommend this book to anyone and/or company thinking of placing applications out to the web.

5.0 out of 5 stars e-RPG Building AS/400 Web Appliations with RPG, Sept. 25 2001
The book simply is a must for any AS/400 WEB Server Administrator. I used the book a year ago in Oct2000
to set up our first WEB server. Now 1 year later
we moved from V4.2 to V5.1. I didn't bat an eye.
Grabbed his book and proceeded to set up the next
WEB server on the new AS/400. I had one small
problem and 1 email later back from Bradley I was
on my way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Added Value to my career, Sept. 10 2001
Thanks Thanks a lot Brad, I am really feel glad that you answered my questions so quickly which I wasn't expecting assuming you would be busy and hard to hold of you but you surprise me by giving me reply so quickly, now I feel comfortable that you are always there for my help in case if I have question in future.

I am working on a project using eRPG on AS400 and I feel proud on myself that I made it happen in AS400 environment with the help of your book.

I also realize that buying that book was my most right decision that I ever made and it was worth more than that I paid for the book.

Thanks once again and wish you have lot of success in your all future time.
I definitely recommend this book to anybody whoever is interested in learning web on AS400 in its native environment with e-RPG, this is the only book available in a market and it is well written and covers every thing which is required to learn some thing new in very easy and user friendly words no hanky panky just precise information so you don't feel wasting time and start learning right away.
Not only teaches you how to write e-RPG, it also teaches how to setup AS400 work as web server which is also most important as writing program in e-RPG so you even learn more than web programming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source for AS400 CGI programming assistance, July 3 2001
J.A. Johnson (Fair Oaks, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This is an outstanding book and I heartedly recommend it to any RPG programmer wanting to enter the "e" world. Mr. Stone presents the CGI programming concepts in an interesting and clear manner. The programming exercises and examples add considerable understanding to the whole process. The sections an configuration requirements and other helpful programming suggestions complete a well thought out and worthwhile effort. I have invested hundreds of dollars in books that promise a lot and deliver little. This one is well worth the money. BUY IT!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

e-RPG: Building AS/400 Web Applications with RPG
e-RPG: Building AS/400 Web Applications with RPG by Bradley V. Stone (Paperback - Feb. 1 2000)
CDN$ 148.95 CDN$ 103.71