Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Kindle Music Deals Store Fall Tools Cook

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on October 5, 2000
First Let me mention; I have a Degree in Computer Engineering and as a Senior in college, I took a class in Computer Graphics Using Open GL which required a solid understanding of Linear Algebra. I just bought this book and I am very disappointed. The book is a composition of many articles written by 40 authors. It mainly focuses on the theory behind game programming ( Brush up on your calculus and Linear Algebra...you'll need it! ). I read the book's sypnosis prior to purchasing this book and I don't think it adequately reflects the contents of the book. Also, the cover is mis-leading. This cover is just a teaser to entice you to buy the book. There is no referenced source code or executable for the front cover graphic. Indeed this cover is a game that will be released in the future. If you want to learn how to program video games using Open GL, find a better book. ( the openGL programmer's guide is a good start). As far as Game programming Gems, it's more like a ...um forget it. I intend to get my $75.00 back for this book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again