march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on January 18, 2004
In great-grandma's day I imagine that there was time to knit finger puppets, "egg cozies" and checker boards. Today, however, time (especially for knitting) is precious. Perhaps that explains why my enthusiasm for a book called "Weekend Knitting" quickly turned to disappointment. I was looking forward to useful knitting projects (yes, I realize how pragmatic and "un-creative" that sounds) such as sweaters, scarves and hats, slippers, and luscious afghans; and although there were a few of these projects, there also seemed to be a good deal of repetition such as page after page of mittens with little or no variation. I knit for the love of knitting, but when I invest my time and energy I want to have something substantial and beautiful to show for it.
on June 8, 2004
yes, the photos are beautiful and i wanted to try many of the projects. but the patterns are unnecessarily difficult and at times impossible -- i tried making the curly toed elf slippers three times and it was a total bust. i am an experienced knitter, but this book can be quite frustrating. the washcloths do work, but the crystal palace chenille pulls, try the new manos del uraguay cotton yarn instead.