4.0 out of 5 stars Grade Four Highview Public School
Published on Jan. 16 2003 by kim mako

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice title, but...
I loved the idea. Wanted my son to have a fun book about hockey etc. Quite a bore to read! Would not recommend.
Published 9 months ago by mark twain

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Grade Four Highview Public School, Jan. 16 2003
Yesterday we read the book called Z is for Zamboni in our grade four class. It was a good book. We enjoyed reading the book and learning more information about hockey. Our class thought the illustrations were just beautiful! We have also read M is for Maple when studying Canada in our room. We are hooked on Matt Napier's books now. We would love to read any other titles he might have written.
We are wondering how the author got his ideas. Is he a hockey fan? We are also curious to find out what Mr. Napier's favourite book is. We want to find out if he has a favourite hockey team. Mrs. Mako hopes that it is the Montreal Canadians!!!!Ok or the Toronto Maple Leafs!!
We think that Matt's next book should be T is for Toronto!!
Mrs. Mako's Grade Four Class
Highview Public School
Aurora, Ontario

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a children's book, July 8 2003
By A Customer
This is a must for any hockey fan with children. Not only is it a traditional ABC's book, it also teaches about the history of hockey and helps people of all ages get a better appreciation for the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hard-Hitting Winner!, Aug. 19 2005
Mandi MacLennan (Wabasca, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This book hit me hard. It is an absolute joy to read. I originally bought it as an afterthought to add to a display of Canadian themed books for my students to read in their spare time, but once I actually picked it up and read it, I realized its full potential. This is a great book to add to all collections regardless of age or gender. While hockey buffs will immediately be drawn to this book, others will fall in love with it, too. Also, it would make a great gift for so many people I know. An awesome find!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hockey Book is Full of Hockey, Dec 2 2002
Jimmy Buttons (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was absolutely first-line, rookie-of-the-year impressed by "Z is for Zamboni." I don't think there could have been much more crease-crashing, glove-wearing, hockey-spelling hockey in this book. Everyone I've shown it to has been impressed both by the amount of hockey in the book, and also by the fact that all 26 some-odd letters have a rhyme specifically written for them, relating to the "old stick and puck." I would recommend this book to anyone interested in hockey, or the alphabet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A is for AMAZING!, Dec 3 2002
b4th (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
In his incredible debut to the world of children's books, Matt Napier manages to bring to life one of the world's greatest sports with both vivacity and ingenuity. His choices for each letter of the alphabet are carefully thought out and well represented, giving a clear yet diverse insight into Canada's national pastime.
Coupled with Melanie Rose's detailed illustrations, this book is a sure hit for a child (or child at heart) of any age. Kudos to this fine young author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Nov. 27 2002
Janko (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Matt Napier must be some sort of genius because I've never seen a more beautifully written children's book since "The Giving Tree." Not to mention, the illustrations which are absolutely fabulous. Melanie Rose is truly a great artist. Get this book hot off the press because it's going fast!
I've purchased several copies for Christmas gifts and I can't wait until Matt Napier breaks into the children's world again with another beautiful and informative book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus has nothing on this book, Dec 3 2002
By A Customer
i have read many books in my time. Everything from mad amagazine to the compact edition of the oxford english dictionary. i would have to say that Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet may be one of the best books written since the bible.
I have learned more from this book about hockey than i have from reading every single Dr. Seuss twice. I say that we hold up Matt Napier to be the next great childrens author of this new millenium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away, Dec 2 2002
Wow. That's all that comes to mind after reading this humdinger. My new wife Jan and I could not get enough of this book. We read it to our daughter Carly about once a week. She can't get enough! I'm really excited to see what this talented, stable, potential-filled kid will do next.
And talk about his performance on Off The Record!
I'm going to agree with the rest of the world on this one: Zing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Z for Zamboni receives and A+ from us!, Jan. 1 2003
"swanny70" (Lino Lakes, MN United States) - See all my reviews
My 4 year old "hockey-nut" son absolutely adores this book. It makes bedtime easier because he knows we get to read this book. As a first grade teacher, I applaude the way that the authors have also made this a "teaching" book. My son is now recognizing the alphabet as we read the book. I plan on buying several more and giving it as a gift! A++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars For ages 4 to 94!, Nov. 24 2002
Reader (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Matt Napier and Melanie Rose have captured the excitement and history of the game, in this beautifully written and illustrated book. Whether you play hockey, or simply enjoy watching the games, "Z is for Zamboni" is becoming a favorite among children and adults alike!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet: (Large Board Book)
Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet: (Large Board Book) by Matt Napier (Board book - June 9 2009)
CDN$ 12.75 CDN$ 10.37