summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Board book|Change

on November 23, 2015
Great for the 6 month old to 2 year old. The bright pictures captured my 6 month old grandson's attention and he paid full attention to the entire reading. The thick pages should make it durable. The letter W page was a great touch by the author.
on January 20, 2013
This is a such a sweet book. Gives great detail of the game through the alphabet. I purchased this book because my son loves zamboni's but once we read the book together he got excited to see all the different aspects of the game.
on January 31, 2016
I was quite disappointed when I flipped through this book. While it may be a great book to read to sons or nephews, it's not at all appropriate for a gender inclusive classroom. There are no girls playing hockey; there are no women cheering from the stands. I counted exactly one female - a mother, sitting in the living room, sewing.
on February 27, 2014
Good size and quality board book for rough and tough small hands. The book is a letter per page (ex: A is for Arena, B is for Bobby etc.) it isn't a story about Zamboni's which is what I was expecting but none the less my hockey obsessed toddler enjoys the book.
on January 16, 2003
Yesterday we read the book called Z is for Zamboni in our grade four class. It was a good book. We enjoyed reading the book and learning more information about hockey. Our class thought the illustrations were just beautiful! We have also read M is for Maple when studying Canada in our room. We are hooked on Matt Napier's books now. We would love to read any other titles he might have written.
We are wondering how the author got his ideas. Is he a hockey fan? We are also curious to find out what Mr. Napier's favourite book is. We want to find out if he has a favourite hockey team. Mrs. Mako hopes that it is the Montreal Canadians!!!!Ok or the Toronto Maple Leafs!!
We think that Matt's next book should be T is for Toronto!!
Mrs. Mako's Grade Four Class
Highview Public School
Aurora, Ontario
on May 11, 2013
I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of this book only to be disappointed by the awkward language and lack of rhymes. The illustrations are interesting, but that's pretty much all this book has going for it.
on September 25, 2014
Arrived one day early. The gift wrap was very nice. The pictures are great and have a nice polished look to them. The overall quality of the book is fantastic. However, the boardbook is a bit limited. This is the only downside, as there are no rhymes like in the description. The little guy loved it anyway, though.
on July 8, 2003
This is a must for any hockey fan with children. Not only is it a traditional ABC's book, it also teaches about the history of hockey and helps people of all ages get a better appreciation for the game.
on August 19, 2005
This book hit me hard. It is an absolute joy to read. I originally bought it as an afterthought to add to a display of Canadian themed books for my students to read in their spare time, but once I actually picked it up and read it, I realized its full potential. This is a great book to add to all collections regardless of age or gender. While hockey buffs will immediately be drawn to this book, others will fall in love with it, too. Also, it would make a great gift for so many people I know. An awesome find!
on December 2, 2002
I was absolutely first-line, rookie-of-the-year impressed by "Z is for Zamboni." I don't think there could have been much more crease-crashing, glove-wearing, hockey-spelling hockey in this book. Everyone I've shown it to has been impressed both by the amount of hockey in the book, and also by the fact that all 26 some-odd letters have a rhyme specifically written for them, relating to the "old stick and puck." I would recommend this book to anyone interested in hockey, or the alphabet.