march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 1, 2015
I have been reading this book for a few years now. It is something that I go back to time and again and continue to work with.I don't think of the book as a text as much as I do a meditation.
It is a powerful invitation to the creative force in your life.
Although she does not present it in these terms, Julia Cameron's works on the premise that the Creator shares the power of creation with everyone. Creativity is not a mysterious talent possessed by a chosen few, but rather it is the birthright of each and every one of us! And, by introducing a few simple but powerful exercises and a highly effective process, she shows you how to access this creative force in our lives.
on November 30, 2014
I picked this book up to help me consider what my life could be about now that I am retired. By committing the time to the readings, exercises, morning pages and Artist's Dates, I have rediscovered the joys in my life that I had forgotten, discovered new interests that I am looking forward to developing more, uncovered the reasons I procrastinate and what really blocks my progress, and how to have just plain fun. While Artist's Date still are a challenge to let myself do, I have such a good time when I do them. I highly recommend this read to anyone who loves the internal personal journey.
on November 14, 2014
Saved my life!
on September 11, 2014
Love this book
on August 14, 2014
A great classic for a reason, this book will get you writing or whatever again, along with healing long held wounds.
on August 8, 2014
Thank you for the excellent book!
on April 18, 2014
I loved doing this workshop because I could do it in the privacy of my own home, and when it suited my schedule. Julia Cameron raises some very provocative questions and gives excellent guidance on how to become unblocked. Even though I was doing the work for reasons other than becoming creatively unblocked, I found it extremely helpful in getting me to look at things I may otherwise not have encountered.
The only issue I have with her book is her constant reference to the word "God". There has to be a better way to address that when writing to an audience that embraces everyone, not just believers in God.
I nonetheless found it a very helpful tool in getting to take a more introspective look at myself. Highly recommended.
on April 1, 2014
I am an art college grad and former graphic artist looking for some inspiration to produce fine art. This didn't hit the mark for me.
on January 20, 2014
such a great book. If you are wanting to make a transition to being an artist, have a hard time calling yourself an artist or blocked as an artist, this is the book for you!
on December 15, 2013
It takes effort but using the workbook with the book takes you on a liberating self discovery to the positive creative energy within all of us.