5.0 out of 5 stars You can reach the top
When I read LBF's book for the first time (because I did read it a few times after that) I said to myself: this woman is very aggressive. It is after I met Laura in one of her seminars in London that I saw how aggressive - but in a different way - she is.
Published on Nov. 23 2002 by Thei Zervaki

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoped for much more.
I have read the reviews posted here before buying this book, and was disappointed with it. The book contains too many "duh!" generalizations and conclusions. Just shows that he (or she) who shouts the loudest is not necesarily right.
Published on March 12 2002 by M. Woodpecker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Be a Leader in Your Own Life!, May 28 2009
Mrs. Emma L. Elsey "Emma-Louise Elsey" (Salt Spring Island, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Yourself to the Top (Paperback)
Who it's for: If you would you like more from life than just doing your job in the week and relaxing (or collapsing) on weekends then this book is for you.

The world has changed. Organizational restructuring and downsizing are common, we move jobs regularly and this means we have to constantly reprove and reinvent ourselves. So whether you're a professional or an entrepreneur, we all need to look out for ourselves and be a leader in our own lives.

Laura's book helps us do just that, showing how to take charge of our career and life, stop making excuses and go out and make our dreams happen!

There are plenty of exercises and suggestions - but this is not a step-by-step "How to" plan - you have to do that for yourself!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Vastly disappointing - a trite waste of time, Sept. 16 2003
By A Customer
I read Amazon's excerpt and a couple of recommendations I thought I could trust before buying this book. It's worthless, obvious, hype-yourself-up, tired "advice." I resent that it is not worth the cost of shipping to return this book to Amazon, because I would otherwise do so. It doesn't rate space in my collection of thousands, nor would I give it as a gift to anyone I wanted to keep as a friend. I don't believe it would be of any actual harm, but I wouldn't want to waste their time. I'm donating the book - perhaps it might help someone who has lived such a stunted life they don't already know this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can reach the top, Nov. 23 2002
It is a great book for your career. If you really want to take charge and make it "happen" just work with and on her techniques. Believe in yourself, take responsibility, stop feeling like a victim.
This book will coach you to success regardless of your industry and your sector. It will be easy.
By Thei Zervaki, a career and business coach
......

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoped for much more., March 12 2002
M. Woodpecker (Fl, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me the shove I needed, Aug. 20 2001
When I was thinking of quitting my job and becoming a personal and career coach - I searched Amazon and found this book among others. THIS was the book that gave me the shove I needed to go out on my own. I now use it constantly as a reference guide in my coaching practice. I have also had the pleasure of seeing Laura speak and her bold, tell-it-like-it-is style is so refreshing. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is seeking to make a change in their life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful!, May 8 2001
Rolf Dobelli "getAbstract" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
Laura Berman Fortgang introduces the concept of the personal career coach, someone who encourages people to take charge of their lives in and out of the office. Personal coaches push employees to find out what they really want from their careers and get it, by locating and overcoming obstructions in their lives, being self-disciplined, and planning systematically. This concise, well-written book offers lots of examples from Fortgang's own coaching experience. Although it is probably more useful as a psychological manifesto than as a strict business guide, we from getAbstract recommend this book as a step in the right direction for those who wish to energize their careers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously inspiring, July 3 2000
E's Opinion (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This book is wonderful! I am a sales representative and in the midst of getting my MBA. The most dreaded question I get these days from those I care about is "what are you going to do with the MBA?" I've been going through the motions without a clear vision of what I want. This book (the audiotape format fit better into my schedule) has really helped me think through what I want to do, and I'm eager to sit down and do the exercises prescribed to determine my post-MBA path. The message of deciding what you want and going after it is very powerful, and the real-life examples of her clients are encouraging. I'm becoming a believer that coaches shouldn't be left behind when you leave the high school and college sports teams. Read or Listen to be inspired.

4.0 out of 5 stars POW!*# POOF!, June 21 2000
Take Yourself to the Top--Radically changed my life...I'm a professional Radical Life Coach--I have learned to quickly and radically change my clients life. Leonard is on the cutting edge of exploding old paradigms and replacing them with authentic and exciting paths of adventure. I went from a corporate job making $40K to making a six figure income and surrounded by the most grounded people possible. I focus on three areas: Wholeness, Love & Health! I conduct workshops, individual power sessions, write books and articles... The best part of being a coach is the freedom to make the world better. Feel free to confer with me about a future as a coach. Check out my new book: Emergency Relationship Kit...Stop Wasting Time...and Never Look Back!
(aripalmbeach@usa.net

5.0 out of 5 stars Take Yourself to the Top, May 1 2000
Laura Fortgang's book Take Yourself to the Top is a masterpiece! If you are looking for straight "look you in the eye" advice about making tough gut wrenching decisions about your future, this book will definitely help you ask yourself all the right questions.
The book is well written and organized and I really enjoyed Laura's straightforward no nonsense approach.
I certainly was not disappointed in any way with the contents!
Hopefully sometime in the not too distant future she'll be back with more excellent coaching tips and life strategies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to school book reviews, this one I wanted to do!, April 29 2000
By A Customer
I found this book very informative and educational. I even decided to do my own outline of the book to put in my briefcase notebook. I did not want to forget this one! I am now going back and "applying" the excercises. Some of my large font in the outline is "Boundaries do not work if other people do not know that they are there", "You are what you tolerate", "You do not have to function at full throttle and then collapse" and "You no longer need to have problems and a myriad of tasks to feel that you are in charge". You will want to review this book more than once to really apply it. I have found my self much more relaxed, yet more in control.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xae6418f4)

Take Yourself to the Top
Take Yourself to the Top by Laura Berman Fortgang (Paperback - Aug. 23 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01