5.0 out of 5 stars Can you hold a positive mental image?, Nov. 10 2008
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
The Secret of the Ages is the Law of Attraction. Many of the other writers in this category actually quote this author, and refer to this book, which is partly how I discovered it.

Coincidentally, my yoga teacher was quoting the Law of Attraction in class, and I really appreciated what she was saying. When I picked up the book after class, I noticed that it was a 30 year old well used hardcover copy of this book. The pages she held with paperclips were the ones she would regularly quote in class while instucting us to hold a positive mental image.

As I leafed through the book, I was impressed by it, and immediately ordered it off Amazon.

If you are like me, as you read this book you will gain many profound insights, and many great visual and inspiring examples of how others apply the LOA in their lives. If you are like me, then the further you get into this book, the more you will appreciate that this may be one of the best books you will ever read.

Desire is an important motive factor in manifesting what you want in your life. In fact, without desire nothing much happens. If you can feel more desire for something, you can be do and have what you want more quickly. The stronger your desire and motivation, the more likely it is that you will get what you want. So, the more you desire and can imagine the value that this book will bring, the more likely you are to buy it.

If you were to find this review helpful, please click yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is only second to the bible!!!, March 26 1999
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
A few years ago I found a set of books in my Grandmothers house in the attic. It was a series of little books called the secret of the ages. The books are copy righted 1926. It must be one of the original books written. When I read the series it changed my life. When I went to this site I was glad to see that this author is still in print. The philosophy and words of this book still carry over into life of today. It is a must read for anyone floating through life without a clue. READ IT and I'll think you'll agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of it's kind, Feb. 11 1999
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
This is the best motivational, self help book of all times. I have had it as my "bible" for close to twenty years. Whenever I need a shot in the arm to get my motivational "juices" flowing, I read and reread Secret of the Ages. I have highlighted so many passages, they might as well have printed it in yellow! I was thrilled to see it is still on the market and am ordering another copy. Read this book. It can change your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest books I have ever read, Oct. 10 1998
Ce commentaire est de: Secret of the Ages (Hardcover)
Mr. Collier has it down perfect. This is a manual for life. You only have to read this book and apply it's principles to accomplish anything in life that you desire. And I mean anything that is honorable and worthy of you. God bless Mr. Collier and his wisdom. He is definitely an asset to humanity. His book is so easy to read and apply. Thank God for Mr. Collier!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest books ever written!, April 12 1999
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
This book changed my life. It opens the doors in the mind to totally new dimensions. A friend gave me a copy about 30 years ago. I loved this book at once and have never found a greater book. Thank you Robert Collier. If anyone out there has any info on Robert Collier or similiar books please contact me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and transformative, April 13 2014
Karl - Tiny Thought Guy (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
As you read more of my book reviews that pertain to the early works in the New Age/New Thought/Law of Attraction genre, you will likely notice a similar theme running through them: I enjoy hearing about, and I resonate with, the message of self-empowerment that these authors all share.

In a world where we place more trust in the material: the world that we perceive through our five senses, authors in the New Age Genre, in this case Robert Collier, share a view that supports a belief in the power of the unseen forces – the power of the mind. These authors shared their views long before Quantum physics was commonplace and they went against the materialists of the day to say that everything starts in the immaterial first, and THEN it expands outwards. As Robert Collier states, “Everything must start with an idea. Every event, every condition, everything is first an idea in the mind of someone…For matter is in the ultimate but a product of thought.” And, although many people might still not be aware of this fact, some of the most advanced scientific research into the realm of the quantum world is indeed proving such bold statements to be accurate.

By extension then, “The creative principle of the universe is mind, and thought is the eternal energy.” In other words, our thoughts create our reality: literally! As this important truth becomes more readily accepted by us, we are compelled to take great care in what thoughts we allow to percolate through our mind. We also come to realize that if our subconscious mind is in control of our actions for 95% of the time it is extremely important that we don’t ignore this significant component of ourselves. As we learn to work with this invisible force residing within us, we have a means by which to communicate with the universal, creative force. Our subconscious mind is the direct link to the Universal Mind.

Once we connect with this force we can start to impress upon it with visualization/imaging and then we need to hold steadfast to the belief that what we desire is on its way. If we desire prosperity and success we must think prosperity and success. “The secret of prosperity lies in so vividly imaging it in your own mind that you literally exude prosperity. You feel prosperous, you look prosperous, and the result is that before long you ARE prosperous.”

When we feel that our life isn’t going our way or that we have been unsuccessful in our endeavors, then we need to look at our fears and realize that when we live in fear we are bringing about the exact circumstances that we are hoping to avoid. We don’t get what we want, we get what we think about; therefore, if you want your future to be different than your past you need to change from thinking about what you don’t want to what you do want. “What you are going to be six months or a year from now depends upon what you think today.”

All of these ideas and many more are laid out in The Secret of the Ages and Robert Collier shares them in a manner that is logical and easy to follow. His tone is supportive and not overly verbose which, in my opinion, facilitates understanding and retention. That being said, this is another one of the books that will assist me with a lifetime of learning and I am glad I own a copy that I can frequently refer to as I “occasionally” falter on the journey of personal transformation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless knowledge..., Dec 4 2003
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
Robert Collier's works are an example of timeless wisdom and life-changing truths (ie. "Visualize this thing you want. See it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blueprint and begin." ) With this book, one has the opportunity to change one's life forever. I highly recommend this book to any persons who wish to transform their lives from the everyday grind into the materialization of their dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest books ever written!, April 12 1999
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars What they never taught you in school or university., May 14 1997
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
This is simply the greatest book I have ever read on achievement and success. A must read

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable book, May 5 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: The Secret of the Ages (Paperback)
This is an incredibly inspiring book and very well written. It is not as well known as the book by Napoleon Hill but I would say it is superior. Hill must have borrowed many ideas from this book. But unlike Hill, Collier does not digress into biases that are in some ways unpalatable. I only discovered this book by chance but I'm glad I did. The only reason I can think that this book is not so well known is because Collier stresses the truth of Jesus Christ so strongly. But maybe we should stop being so politically correct that we need to relegate Jesus Christ to the background all the time. And in favor of what, I wonder? The western world needs the message of Christ more now than ever. Get this book -- you will gain much by learning from it.

The Secret of the Ages
The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier (Paperback - Sept. 18 2007)
CDN$ 12.00 CDN$ 10.83