Published 17 months ago by Len

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
I read the first 100 pages or so, and basically, he's a forum troll, except he trolls through email. Did not find it funny, and I love and am a very sarcastic person, or so my wife says so.

Trolls are humorous for a bit, but then it gets old quick and you start to feel bad for the people on the other end of the trolling.
Published 19 months ago by Rastlore

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars After a particularly aggravating day at work, this book really helped put it in perspective., Feb. 18 2014
Len (Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The book consists of posts published on Mr. Thorne's website, 27bslash6, he apartment number for George Orwell. His posts include the ideas and conjectures of fictional characters such as Josh, a young man who lives in New Zealand who informs us of his future plans to become king of that country and learn to drive the village car. His aunt who is also his second cousin pays him in shells to watch out for his Uncle Robert who’s also his nephew. Mr. Thorne's most funny bits involve him replying to emails sent by people asking for payment of services rendered, requests for a favour, or complaints about a posting on his blog. His website became viral when he posted a series of emails sent to the secretary of chiropractor offering a picture of a seven-legged spider instead of the 200 plus dollars owing. When his request is rejected, he insists that the picture be returned. If this sounds silly and a bit stupid, it is but isn’t that what makes people so endearing, their stupidity and silliness, myself included. Even though he makes fun of other people, he also makes fun of himself. After a particularly aggravating day at work, this book really helped put it in perspective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just plain funny, Jan. 16 2014
This review is from: The Internet is a Playground: Irreverent Correspondences of an Evil Online Genius (Paperback)
If you never visited 27bslash6 you might start off perplexed and not understanding just what it is you are reading but David thorne has an amazing imagination and his stories are always a delight to read. His satiric style will probably irritate you at some point which is good because that is the whole point.

My only problem with the book is the organisation of the content there are letters taken from the site (and exclusives too) mixed in with stories and all sorts of other content. As a programmer I would have prefered the data to be organised in sections (letters then stories and so on) but it doesn't take away from the humoristic quality of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I PEE MY PANTS READING THIS!!!, April 11 2015
I already bought this book a few years back. I bought it again recently as a birthday present for my sister-in-law. Our family was gathered around when she opened it, and they all seemed a bit dubious when I said it was hysterically funny. So I read them the chapter about the Party Invitation, and everybody was constantly in complete hysterics!!! I near pee my pants every time I read this book. It is such a gem. I have his two latest books also, but I don't think either of them is near as funny as this one. If you're new to David Thorne, I definitely recommend getting this book as it is hysterically funny, GUARANTEED!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed until I cried, April 22 2012
C. Jones "reggiesgirl2" (NB Canada) - See all my reviews
I didn't read this book in one sitting although I wanted to. I just couldn't get through enough of it without laughing until tears were running down my face and I couldn't see to read. I sure wouldn't want to work with this guy because the stuff he does to his co-workers would maybe drive someone around the bend but it sure is fun to read about. What I don't understand is why do people just keep coming back for more? I loved this book so much I read his other book right after. I would certainly recommend this one to anyone who wants a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book makes my body convulse and sounds come out of it., Feb. 22 2014
I farted, I laughed, I cried. Buy it or else you're a terrible person and probably enjoy the tears of children in your soup for added flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical, March 10 2014
David Thorne is hilarious. This book is soooooo funny. If you are one of those people who complain about the most ridiculous things, like for example, when banks serve coffee, you call to complain just because you don't associate banking with coffee, (even though it was nice of them to give out free coffee), then don't read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the best book ever written..., May 3 2011
This is honestly some of the funniest stuff I've read. If you're a fan of David Thorne's site (27bslash6.com)then I absolutely recommend this book, it has everything from his site plus way more... it even contains explosions, robots and exploding robots!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, Oct. 1 2013
Fablexus (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Totally hilarious, and an excellent bathroom reader. The author is brilliant, and deviant - an excellent combination. However, the layout of the book could really have used some work. Other than that, an excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars wickedly funny., July 10 2014
I encouraged all my friends to read most emails, even if it meant taking the book out of my hands. It's a nice collection of short stories that can be picked up and enjoyed at different sittings when the mood strikes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny as hell!, Jan. 18 2013
The author is quite the comedian....it is a light read.....bathroom material, if you will. But a times I found myself laughing out loud over some of the stupid e-mails this guy sends out. Check it out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›