summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on April 22, 2012
I didn't read this book in one sitting although I wanted to. I just couldn't get through enough of it without laughing until tears were running down my face and I couldn't see to read. I sure wouldn't want to work with this guy because the stuff he does to his co-workers would maybe drive someone around the bend but it sure is fun to read about. What I don't understand is why do people just keep coming back for more? I loved this book so much I read his other book right after. I would certainly recommend this one to anyone who wants a good laugh.
on April 11, 2015
I already bought this book a few years back. I bought it again recently as a birthday present for my sister-in-law. Our family was gathered around when she opened it, and they all seemed a bit dubious when I said it was hysterically funny. So I read them the chapter about the Party Invitation, and everybody was constantly in complete hysterics!!! I near pee my pants every time I read this book. It is such a gem. I have his two latest books also, but I don't think either of them is near as funny as this one. If you're new to David Thorne, I definitely recommend getting this book as it is hysterically funny, GUARANTEED!!!
on September 16, 2015
Sheer Brilliance. Should be required reading. If everybody was as mischievous as David Thorne, the world be a more interesting place, and fewer people would dare to engage in bulls*** for fear how people would respond to them.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 18, 2014
The book consists of posts published on Mr. Thorne's website, 27bslash6, he apartment number for George Orwell. His posts include the ideas and conjectures of fictional characters such as Josh, a young man who lives in New Zealand who informs us of his future plans to become king of that country and learn to drive the village car. His aunt who is also his second cousin pays him in shells to watch out for his Uncle Robert who’s also his nephew. Mr. Thorne's most funny bits involve him replying to emails sent by people asking for payment of services rendered, requests for a favour, or complaints about a posting on his blog. His website became viral when he posted a series of emails sent to the secretary of chiropractor offering a picture of a seven-legged spider instead of the 200 plus dollars owing. When his request is rejected, he insists that the picture be returned. If this sounds silly and a bit stupid, it is but isn’t that what makes people so endearing, their stupidity and silliness, myself included. Even though he makes fun of other people, he also makes fun of himself. After a particularly aggravating day at work, this book really helped put it in perspective.
on July 10, 2014
I encouraged all my friends to read most emails, even if it meant taking the book out of my hands. It's a nice collection of short stories that can be picked up and enjoyed at different sittings when the mood strikes.
on March 10, 2014
David Thorne is hilarious. This book is soooooo funny. If you are one of those people who complain about the most ridiculous things, like for example, when banks serve coffee, you call to complain just because you don't associate banking with coffee, (even though it was nice of them to give out free coffee), then don't read this book!
on May 3, 2011
This is honestly some of the funniest stuff I've read. If you're a fan of David Thorne's site (27bslash6.com)then I absolutely recommend this book, it has everything from his site plus way more... it even contains explosions, robots and exploding robots!
on February 22, 2014
I farted, I laughed, I cried. Buy it or else you're a terrible person and probably enjoy the tears of children in your soup for added flavor.
on October 18, 2015
Best read in small amounts to prevent sore laughing muscles. David Thorne has a devilishly hillarious creative and bent mind.
on January 18, 2016
Ha! David Thorne is brilliant. This is a great book to have laying around in areas where your guests might pick it up. For the most part it's G-rate... and it's definitely bizarre... but hilarious!