5.0 out of 5 stars Best Study Bible for everyone, April 9 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV (Paperback)
This is a great Study Bible that I have over and over again recommended to many of my friends, priests, nuns and lay people. It has so much information, so simple and so well organized in the many ways that you easily grasp and understand complicated theological concepts. You will learn to understand scriptures, how the OT and the NT are related to each other, and most important, you will understand God's messages, and come to appreciate his loving salvation plan to each one of us. Thank God for this great work. It is edited by Scott Hahn, a great theologian who has helped many to have a greater love and understanding of Scripture and of the Catholic Church. A great buy!!!!! Every sincere Catholic or Christian should have a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift to all Christians, Oct. 21 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
A few years ago, Ignatius Press started publishing Study guides with commentary, notes and reflection questions for each book of the New Testament. This Bible is a compilation of all these guides for each book in the NT. I bought all the guides and loved them. This one-volume New Testament with Commentary is much easier to refer to than all the paperback booklets. I received this as a gift and am going through each book again rediscovering the beauty of Sacred Scripture.

I also see that Ignatius Press is starting to publish paperback booklets on the Old Testament. I can't wait! This Study Bible for the New Testament is a great gift idea for young people celebrating their Confirmation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Study Bible is great - as advertized, Aug. 2 2010
Teresa Chin (vancouver, bc, canada) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This Study Bible is a great study aid for learning the New Testement. It is every bit as advertized. I bought the RSV 2nd edition Bible as well as it makes referring to the Old Testement easier. One of my best buys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Study Bible (leather), March 14 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I received this yesterday. After I ordered it I was concerned that I ordered the leather (more expensive) edition. I'm glad I did. It is very rich looking and has 2 ribbons. The print is very easy to read & I like the feel & quality of the pages. The margins are only 1/2" so may be difficult to write notes. This bible is too nice to write in so I will use separate note book to post-it notes to write on. There is lots of information in this study bible and I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy for Catholics, Nov. 10 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV (Paperback)
If you are a bit more academically inclined, then I would strongly recommend this Bible, which I use for my men's Bible study group. It is only for the New Testament, and does use the slightly older language of the RSV instead of the NRSV you will know from the Canadian Mass, but it is far and away the best Study Bible I have ever read, Protestant or Catholic. No less important, it is extremely orthodox in its Catholic understanding of Scripture. You will not find theological speculation in anything Hahn writes in this Bible. What he does instead is provide excellent insight into virtually every verse of the NT Scripture, as well as in depth examination of authorship, audience, and purpose of each book, as well as key words, teachings, and passages, all detailed with extensive cross references to other NT and relevant OT passages. I personally wish that every English speaking Catholic bought this Bible and read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, useful book, Oct. 3 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV (Paperback)
It came in a perfectly mint condition. It is a very handy reference and useful study guide for our Scripture Study class. My husband and I will make lots of good use with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, Feb. 8 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV (Paperback)
This study bible is incredibly detailed and often includes translation details from Greek. I only wish the Old Testament were available as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Bible., June 25 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV (Paperback)
Reads beautifully. I have the Word of God in my hands. And the large print makes it easy to read. I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Feb. 8 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
It is written in accordance with the Tradition of the Church. It is orthodox and full of helpful information for better understanding Scripture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 28 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV (Paperback)
A very useful aid to scriptural study. Contextual and theological insight combined in an easy to use format.

Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV
Ignatius Catholic Study New Testament-RSV by Curtis Mitch (Paperback - May 1 2010)
CDN$ 27.85 CDN$ 18.02