5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!
Published on July 4 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Turn About Is Fair Play...
Published on Sept. 3 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, July 4 2004
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
Yes...it's predictable...and perhaps Olivia Goldsmith hasn't researched Seattle that well. It is chick lit...and not feminist literature. But it's hilarious...There are some chick lits that are on autopilot, and it's a chore to finish this book. And then there's this book -- which I stayed up all night to finish. It is simply hilarious -- the way she describes nerdy tech guys. Yes the premise of the book relies on heavy steryotypes, but it's still very fun and interesting. It's definitely up there with my favorite chick lit books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny I thought!, June 12 2004
"cowansblue" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this book in less than a day and found it very funny. I was deeply impressed by Goldsmith's writing talent and I hope to read many more of her books. I recommend this book especially to single women and men under thirty-five who are still dating and who might very well see themselves reflected in one of this book's characters. I was able to see my "bad boy" boyfriend more clearly.

1.0 out of 5 stars trash to the trash, Jan. 16 2004
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
Based on the excellent, clever movie "The First Wives Club", I bought two of Olivia Goldsmith's books. Both went into the trash. "Bad Boy" is disapponting and poorly written with a very preditable plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars First chick book I've read!, Oct. 11 2003
J. Yasmineh (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
If you want to find out what this book is about read the other reviews, they are fine for that. I'll just give you my opinion as a male reader who hasn't read a chick book since Wuthering Heights.
This book is fantastic! The fairest review is the one by "A reader from Fort Worth, TX United States" - the book isn't deep and the characters are annoying, yes, but it's funny and sharp and flows well but most importantly, it accurately reflects reality! Reality has annoying people in it who make lots of big mistakes in their lives!
If you want to read about perfect people stick to Disney children's books. If you want to read an interesting critique on female courting behaviour that isn't keeping up with the modern age, then read this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Turn About Is Fair Play..., Sept. 3 2003
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
Tracey has had a best friend of seven years, computer whiz John. For some unknown reason, Tracey has been out of one disastrous relationship after another, but cannot see that John would take her instantly. John's worth is 10 times that of the deadbeats she chooses. John finally asks Tracey for a make-over & tips on handling women, and after a few bumpy starts, becomes quite a lady killer, but a less likeable man. Tracey notices him now, but John is piqued because she only liked him AFTER the leather. However, John is not so blind as Tracey. He begins to apply all the things Tracey taught him about women on HER!
Several people have done reviews and said that Tracey is incredibly shallow. Well, they are right! But, you know, how many women do you know that have made the same mistake that Tracey does in the book? I could name at least a hundred off the top of my head! Tracey is not a bad person, just short-sighted. She doesn't know the difference between love & being used. And I'm afraid she's not alone...

1.0 out of 5 stars It matches part of its name: Bad, Aug. 9 2003
Casey (Spokane, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was horrible! The main character is self absorbed and one dimensional. Her nerdy best friend is in love with her, for reasons that are unknown to me, because she treats him like...and takes him for granted. She doesn't seem to mind that her "boyfriend" Phil uses her and is interested in other girls.
The editing was horrible, just like the plot line. Just because Tracie and her friends are stupid enough to stay with "bad boys" doesn't mean every other girl in the world is. And it does seem kind of shallow of Tracie to realize she was in love with her friend Jon after she made him look hot. GOD THIS BOOK ANNOYED ME. I only finished because I have a pact with myself to finish any book I pick up and begin to read. Oh and the only reason I bought it was because it was 75% off.God it was definitley a waste of...I would not wish this book upon anyone.
If you still want to read it, even after I warned you about it, you are in for lots of boredom and pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars I COULDNT PUT IT DOWN!, July 9 2003
Stefanie (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
This was the first book I read by Olivia Goldsmith. I was in love with it from the first page to the last. It is a perfect book for a rainy day or at the beach relaxing. The book had everything to make you smile. When I finished the book I couldnt wait to get more of her books. Right now Im reading Pen Pals. Its quite interesting I recommend it to anyone who loves novels about hardships, and getting through tough times. I have to agree with Nelson DeMille Bad Boy is "Olivia Goldsmith at her best- funny, sexy, hip, and very clever."

1.0 out of 5 stars I Didn't Make It Past Page 75, June 12 2003
This review is from: Bad Boy (Mass Market Paperback)
To the reviewers who actually finished this book, I salute you. I have enjoyed Goldsmith's previous stories, especially "First Wives Club" and "Bestseller," but I don't know what she was thinking when she wrote this pile of garbage. I can't speak for the editing mistakes since I didn't get far enough into the book to see them, but the major turnoff for me was Tracie. This so-called "heroine" was self-absorbed, manipulative, immature and annoyed me to the point where I wanted Phil to mistreat her because she deserved it. Also just how much research on Seattle did Goldsmith actually do, because all I saw was one overplayed cliche after another (rainy weather, Starbucks-type places on every corner, half the population are nerdy types working at Microsoft or a dot.com). I finally had to give up on the book because I felt like my intelligence was being insulted. I only gave one star because Amazon doesn't have a zero star rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this audio about bad boys, May 31 2003
Tanya L. Schaub "TSchlaack" (Livermore, Maine USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BAD BOY (LIBR. ED.) (7 CASS.) (Audio Cassette)
I really liked this story by the author of the First Wives Club.
This is the story of best friends Tracie and Johnny. Tracie is always going for the bad boys and Johnny is a nice guy who can't seem to get a date. Well he gets Tracie to turn him into a bad guy. But, are either of them really ready for this? Also this story is well written and the characters are rather well developed.
As things progress you also get to see that things in real life usually do have some consequence, especially when you take things for granted and don't think things completely through.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and Disturbing, March 7 2003
J. Gray "jgray219" (Boardman, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boy (Hardcover)
The premise of this book sounded great. It appeared to be a light, entertaining read. Then I read it... well most of it and then I put it in the GARAGE SALE PILE. The plot is predictable without any twists or diversions. Not only are the characters flat, most are ridiculuously unhealthy. The majority of the main character's (Tracie's) advice on how to get women is demeaning and juvenile. She actually encourages her male friend to be emotionally abusive as if it is charming. You just can't believe how she tells him to treat his dates! She tells him to be condescending,critical and demeaning. Everything from judging what they eat to hitting on other women when he's on a date. SHe encourages him to make women doubt themselves and it will keep them coming back for more. And in the process of giving her "friend" advice she shreds him apart as if he offers no endearing qualities at all. She's terribly mean! And all the while she is in the depths of a nowhere relationship with a complete loser. And she's content with the dumb, not deep, cheating, and manipulative "artist" because the (...) is good. Even dialogue is weak and forced. Uh, I could go on and on but this book isn't even worth the time. A DEFINATE BOOK TO AVOID!!

BAD BOY (LIBR. ED.) (7 CASS.)
BAD BOY (LIBR. ED.) (7 CASS.) by Olivia Goldsmith (Audio Cassette - Dec 28 2000)
CDN$ 102.95 CDN$ 82.36