boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home countdown All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on October 28, 2012
I haven't had a chance to use this book as yet but skimming through it, I can see that it will be useful in the future. Although i know a lot about plumbing, it is always nice to have a referance book to see if there is a better way to do the job. I am happy with my purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 13, 2015
I purchased this book after looking at a "sneak preview" on amazon. I should have just stuck with the preview and passed on this book. Basically, it tells you how to connect pipe together. Something that anyone really should know how to do. It doesn't explain anything, just shows pictures of a guy doing the installs. Some of the installs it suggests you hire a professional plumber. Why would I purchase a book about DIY plumbing only to HIRE a plumber to do the work for me?! Doesn't make sense. There are a couple things in here to give you ideas, but nothing that actually helps you. Just my opinion.
on October 7, 2012
This is an excellent reference book for any DIYer. The amount of shots they have managed to capture is fantastic, so much that i have purchased almost the entire Black and Decker Series of home improvement books. They explain the entire plumbing system in detail....provided you are not hooked up to a water well. I recently had some issues with my well system, and went to turn to my handy B&D reference book only to find out they do not cover this. If it were to to include this, it would definitely be a 5 star rated book.
on January 21, 2011
Extract from the book, page 58:

"Install a drain pipe and branch line and then trim the drain pipe flush with the floor.
IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCED WITH PLUMBING, HIRE A PLUMBER TO INSTALL THE NEW DRAIN LINE"

Obviously I will not learn that from "The Complete Guide to Plumbing".

(page 58. check for yourself with LOOK inside feature.)
Honestly the book is not that bad, but quite overrated. Nice pictures but too much focus on the easiest topics.
on January 29, 2014
Great book for a beginner. Clear pictures, and the DVD is helpful. Make me more confident attacking small projects, and explains how water travels through out the house, including drains.
I recommend this book for the Handyman.
on September 21, 2014
Comprehensive and detailed. Amazing amount of useful information packed into the photographs. Excellent value.
on December 6, 2013
great book, tons of ilustrations, a most have for a DIY person or for those who need to do a quick fix on something.
on March 12, 2014
I love this book make me look like a hero instead of a zero in front of my wife.
Thank you!
on December 5, 2014
Livre très complet! Il vaut son prix! Merci Amazon.ca
on June 6, 2009
J'ai acheté ce livre afin de me renseigner sur la façon de refaire une partie de ma plomberie. Le livre est très détaillé et bien fait. Les explications sont claires et précise.

J'aurais aimer l'avoir en français par contre.