4.0 out of 5 stars Please, do your self a favor and read this book
Published on Aug. 7 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars I Want to Like This Book, But...
Published on May 4 2002 by Eclectic

1.0 out of 5 stars I Want to Like This Book, But..., May 4 2002
Colbert loves the Lord, and that is plain. His spiritual advice can be characterized by Philippians 4:13, and that is good advice. However, his medical advice, in this book, is suspect. The main point of the book, medically, is to understand insulin. Although Colbert does describe this through several pages, the pages are very short and small, and we are not left with sufficient information to understand how his theory works, and on the surface, at least, it appears contradictory. This review can not be long enough to explain my point, but let me point out some fairly obvious problems in other things he says. On page 28 he says men should eat 4 ounces of meat at each meal. His sample diets don't show this. Further, in his other book, What Would Jesus Eat, on page 200 he says, "I do not recommend over 4 ounces of meat a day". On page 29 of this book he says that men are to eat 4 ounces of "protein" at each meal. He uses this term very loosely. A slice of bread has protein, but probably not 4 ounces. A piece of chocolate has protein, but probably not 4 ounces (unless it is a very large piece of chocolate). By examining his sample diet we might guess that he really meant "4 ounces of certain high protein foods". The samples show things such as fish, meat, poultry, cottage cheese, etc. Some days you would eat meat at least twice, which he has warned against in other books. In this book he recommends the use of various oils. In What Would Jesus Eat he recommends only olive oil, and virgin or extra-virgin olive oil at that. What's more, in What Would Jesus Eat he points out that the failure rate for diets is about 100%. In that book he argues that only a changed lifestyle can sustain weight loss. Which is the truth? Since What Would Jesus Eat is a later book perhaps that reflects his latest thinking. It is also a much better, more enjoyable book. I recommend that book over this if you want to stick with Colbert, but better yet, look around for other authors and get a second opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Please, do your self a favor and read this book, Aug. 7 2002
By A Customer
I have read this book three times in the last week. I have double checked the scripture references and feel confident that Dr. C knows his stuff. I have been a vegetarian for 8 years now and agree fully that Americans as a whole are pathetic in our eating habits. No wonder the rest of the world mocks us! Please do your self a favor and pray, use your faith and read this book from cover to cover. Then clean out your cupboards and begin your life with a new, healthy feeling and attitude. Respect your body and soon you will gain respect from others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you know popcorn may be making you FAT???, Jan. 12 2002
David Barrett (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
In the book The Bible Cure for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain Dr. Colbert explains how we get fat, and the all natural way to lose the fat. If you are starving on low-cal diets or low-carb diets try this plan and you will feel so much better. The diet is based on insulin restriction and increasing glucagon. Insulin tells the fat cells to store fat, while glucagon releases fat. In the book we learn how popcorn and breathmints can cause us to gain weight. This is caused by elevated levels of insulin. Dr Colbert includes an easy meal plan, information of supplements, and fiber. He also explains why we should avoid aspartame and use splenda, and stevia instead. The meal portions are huge and will keep you full. The secret is eating the right amount of each food group at every meal. A+++ book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a common sense painless way of weight loss, Dec 17 2001
By A Customer
I must say Dr. Don Colbert has developed the easiest method of weight loss I have ever read. Forget low carb high fat frauds, and low fat lie diets. The plan is based on nature like God intended us to eat. The program is very well explained and meals are 40-30-30. Dr. Colbert also explains the need for exercise and vitamins. He also supports eating healthy fats like olive oil. For a easy to understand weight loss program try this one, and you wont be let down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and easy, May 24 2000
I have found the advice in this book to be sound. It is similar to the zone and Get-fit america but from biblical holistic point of view. It is chock full of vitamin and mineral supplement information. In addition, it details why certain foods which are taboo on most diets should be restricted. I have been following his suggested eating plan for about 5 days and am noticibly trimmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible cure for weight loss and muscle gain, May 31 2003
D. M. Torres (States) - See all my reviews
I've read other books by Don Colbert,MD so I knew I would enjoy this one, but I got much more out of it than I expected. For a small book it is loaded with easy to understand and excellent information that I was able to put to work in my life right away. It gave me hope that now finally I can really lose weight. Thank you DR.Colbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible cure for weight loss and muscle gain, May 31 2003
D. M. Torres (States) - See all my reviews

Bible Cure For Weight Loss & Muscle Gain
Bible Cure For Weight Loss & Muscle Gain by Dr. Don E. Colbert (Audio CD - April 15 2003)
CDN$ 10.99