biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on December 31, 2002
This is the first book by Diane Mott Davidson that I've attempted. I struggled through the first 90 pages, and then decided it wasn't worth my time. Maybe if I had read earlier books in the series and I was more invested in the characters, I would have enjoyed it. But as it is, I couldn't make myself care about what was going on. However, I highly recommend the recipe for Rainy Day Chicken Soup; it's fabulous.
on August 9, 1997
This is a very disappointing entry in the Goldy series. Ms. Davidson has written a plot that stains credulity. She places her caterer in Rambo like scenes that are both impossible to believe and unentertaining; even the recipies are below average. As a fan of the series, I would advise other readers to save their money and hope that the next one is better
on July 21, 2002
I have really enjoyed reading Diane Mott Davidson, but this book was so frustrating to read! Reading throug 10 pages of soup taste testing almost sent me over the edge. This was the most boring book I have read in a long time. Reading the reviews, I was sure I had read a different book than those giving the book a 5 star rating. Wow!
on February 10, 2003
The recipes sound great, but I found the plot unbelievable and contrived. Having read most of the other books in this series I felt like I knew Goldy Schultz. The things she does in The Main Corpse are out-of-character for her and just plain stupid.
on November 19, 1998
Although Mott-Davidson's Goldy the Caterer series started out strongly, it has lost all its steam. I couldn't even finish this mess.
I'm so disappointed!