biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 22, 2009
I purchased this book after it had been recommended to me by several of my writing friends. I was looking forward to sinking my teeth in to it and being inspired. However, after just a few short chapters, I realised that the book lacked substance, was poorly written and, quite often, repetitive. Although Ms. Goldberg is obviously passionate about her writing and has some good exercise suggestions to help get one's creative juices flowing, I was distracted by poor sentence structure and flimsy anecdotes.
on November 15, 2014
Still one of the best books Goldberg has written. Her latest "The true secret of writing" (tongue in cheek) is also great and something to savour over a longer period of time. Writing Down the Bones boosted my writing tremendously when I was in my twenties; I now make my living as a writer. Her advice stimulates trusting your own mind and using original language.
on December 5, 2012
What can I say, I believe I've said it all prior. This once again
stood up to my expectations. I'm absolutely pleased with this
purchase.....
on January 1, 2011
I can't recommend Natalie Goldberg's book "Writing Down the Bones" enough. This is a great book and every aspiring writer should take the time and read it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse