5.0 out of 5 stars Like the others said, great introduction to Yoga!, July 6 2001
Damon Navas-Howard (Santa Rosa, CA USA) - See all my reviews
When looking for books on Yoga, I had no idea where to start and I didn't want to read some...American trying to cash in book. I saw this book and it seemed real. Wow, I'm glad this is the first book I read on Yoga. Georg Feurstein fully knows and understands the essence of Yoga. The book touches on everything from the history of Yoga to a Yogi's diet. I like how Feurstein always refers back to the old Sanskrit texts of Yogi practices. However, if you are looking for a book where you actually do the postures then look for another book because this book doesn't satisfy that. You should read all you can about Yoga before attempting it, I know my presumptions on Yoga have been changed from reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Yoga., Aug. 22 1999
By A Customer
This book gave me a clearer understanding of Yoga. My greatest compliment is that it sustained my interest enough to read the book to the end. I enjoyed the humanistic tone of the book, and the simple ordering and structure of topics which brought clarity to a potentially overwhelming subject. I look forward very much to reading more of Georg Feuerstein's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, Oct. 5 1998
By A Customer
Another wonderful introductions to yoga. I recommend it very highly. This is a book that you will read and reread.

The Path of Yoga: An Essential Guide to Its Principles and Practices
The Path of Yoga: An Essential Guide to Its Principles and Practices by Georg Feuerstein (Paperback - March 22 2011)
CDN$ 20.50 CDN$ 14.80