5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful guide for SQL-DMO.
This book helped me to write SQL-DMO programs for configuring merge replication and performing database backups. It has very good examples of how to use SQL-DMO in Visual Basic and Transact SQL. The examples helped me to write my own SQL-DMO programs in C#, VBScript and InstallShield Developer InstallScript.
Published on April 28 2004 by fcatamazondotcom

3.0 out of 5 stars Generous at 3 stars
Published on Feb. 10 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful guide for SQL-DMO., April 28 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great book, Jan. 12 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Real-World SQL-DMO for SQL Server (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me with a task I had. not only is it a fun read, but it is packed with helpful scripts and information. I am a vb programmer who have been working as a dba for 2 years now. This book more than any other book has helped me cross the threshold from being a programmer to being a dba.
Not only does it help you write code, but it helps you to understand SQL Server in general. It also has helped me with my day to day SQL Server administrative tasks.
One other thing I must mention - I have tried many of the code samples and they work!!! Having code samples work in books you buy is such a rarity today.

3.0 out of 5 stars Generous at 3 stars, Feb. 10 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Real-World SQL-DMO for SQL Server (Paperback)
I'd be kinder with the stars if the title were "Learn Database Administration using SQL-DMO". But I am already clear about that. The only reason I went with 3 was that some of the scripts are indeed useful. But what I was looking for was a good succint overview of SQL-DMO. Rather than focus on the SQL-DMO object model and how best to employ it, the book is a series of tasks DBA's might typically want to accomplish with example code. What I needed was answers to how do you know to use such and such method over some other alternative. Or even a discussion on the pros and cons of techniques employed woud have been more helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good book, Nov. 9 2002
Hilary Cotter (Englishtown, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Real-World SQL-DMO for SQL Server (Paperback)
I had to do some SQL DMO scripting and could not figure out how to do it using MDSN, so I purchased Wrox's book and found it to be merely a re-write of online docs.
Then I discovered this book and was so overjoyed to find some authors who had actually taken the time to write useful code samples and to go well beyond where MSDN leaves off.
Their code is very well laid out and designed. They have taken the time and care to turn out a quality product.

ARRAY(0xab921198)

Real-World SQL-DMO for SQL Server
Real-World SQL-DMO for SQL Server by Mark Allison (Paperback - Oct. 16 2002)
CDN$ 56.18 CDN$ 34.83