Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$11.25+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 16, 2004
Well, I have only read Japanese edition of the Nausicaa and don't know whether the English version is the same. But I would suppose they are the same since the cover drawing shown on AMAZON is identical to that of the Japanese edition.
While most Japanese anime are produced based on an original manga that was published, successfully, in a manga journal, the animes produced by Miyazaki Hayao are usually original and not based on a precedent manga. Miyazaki himself wrote somewhere that he gave up the career as a manga writer and focused on anime production. He is recognized in Japan as a great anime producer, of course, but not as a manga writer. Nausicaa is the only exception, with a good reason.
If you are familar with the modern manga drawings of, say, Otomo Katsuhiro, you cannot fail to recognize that the drawings of Miyazaki lack some strength the serious Japanese manga have achieved, looking rather like rough sketches or something. There is an essay on Nausicaa by Miyazaki himself in the Japanese edition, which I hope the American publisher has retained in the English edition. There, he said that he was urged and urged to publish the manga version of Nausicaa (this book) and finally forced to do that.
Mr. Miyazaki is known as an outspoken person. Then, what is this modesty about? Nothing, except that he does not want to admit that he could not fully express the notion in the Nausicaa in an anime and was forced to publish it in a manga format. OK, it's well done.
on July 14, 2014
Great illustrations, excellent condition from seller!

It tells the story of Nausicaä, a princess of a small kingdom on a post-apocalyptic Earth with a new, bioengineered ecological system, who becomes involved in a war between kingdoms while an environmental disaster threatens the survival of humankind. On her journey, she struggles to bring about a peaceful coexistence among the people of her world, as well as between humanity and nature. (Wikipedia)
on April 4, 2004
My favorite Miyazaki movie, "Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind"! Many people are saying that Nausicaa is similer to "The Lord of the Rings". I don't agree at all (Hey, I love The Lord of the Rings too by the way! Did everyone like Return of the King? I thought that was the best out of 3 movies). Nausicaa has storonger message for environmental disruption more than fellowship.
For this movie, Nausicaa, I recommend you to see movie first. Then you should read books because books go much deeper than movie. Nausicaa tries to stop other warring nations from destroying themselves and from destroying the only means by which their world can be saved from the spread of polluted wastelands.
Plus please read books over and over again. You won't get message right away. It's pretty complecated.
It might be too complecated for children. However, it does not means they should not read. They will feel diffarent and see more in this story when they grown up.
As an additional info., "My Neighbor Totoro", "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "Princess Mononoke" are something which you should consider to just enjoy fantasy world.
I heard from many people didn't like "Spirited Away".
I love Miyazaki movie and normaly, I can get Miyazaki message from the movie easily but for this one, I couldn't get much message right away. So! I personally suggest to watch more than once. I realized later, it had meaning everywhere how much we pollute our planet and make us think there is something we can do for it. You won't realize that if you don't pay attention enough (just like what I did (...).