5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read
This book has so much heart and soul, it is simply the best book on hockey I have ever read.
Published 19 months ago by StickyBunz

2.0 out of 5 stars how the hell am i supposed to afford an 800 dollar book?
why's this so expensive? i want to read it but can't afford the price. not impressed at all with this.
Published 20 months ago by cat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't read, but have questions..., Feb. 20 2013
For You - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
If the book is anything like the movie, then I think this could be a very awesome book! But I was wondering if someone can tell me what team(s) he played for? In the movie, the main character plays for a team in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and I was wondering if this is actually true for the author as well?...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, Dec 12 2012
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars how the hell am i supposed to afford an 800 dollar book?, Nov. 19 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Goon is Good!, April 9 2004
Kevin J. Riggott (Cooper City, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
I just finshed the book and wished Doug had played for more teams over the years so the story could continue. Doug comes across as a very likeable guy who happens to get his thrills by dropping the gloves with anyone who wants to go. Great insight into the workings of minor league hockey. The book's not expensive, it's easy to read, and very entertaining. Thanks for your memories, Doug!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doug the Thug!, Dec 30 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
I'm an avid hockey fan and I have a library of tapes that have fights from Behn Wilson and Dave Shultz to Bob Probert and Tony Twist. This is an excellent book and its prompted me to seek out tapes of guys like Frank Bialowas and of course Doug himself. I remember talking to Doug at the Mall in Hanover with some of my friends about the best goons in the business and the dynamics of how the role was to be played. Doug explains it vividly, humbly and honestly while at the same time making it seem like the ultimate adventure in this book. This is a must-read for all hockey fight fans or just hockey fans in general. Great book fellas and thanks for living out one of my fantasies Doug.
It's pretty cool that Ron Delorme posted here by the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm with you Tom!, Nov. 28 2003
Adam Frattasio (Walpole, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
Tom from PA., you took the words right out of my toothless mouth (ya, I wish!) - no, not about the toothless part, I wish I did what Thug did so I could write about it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for US fight fans!, Nov. 22 2003
Tom (Quakertown, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
This book tells the story a few of us would like to be able to tell. The great story of Doug Smith's journey though professional hockey as a fighter. This is honestly a great book that shares the stories of what a tough guy goes though. Simply put, get this book and read it. I have over and over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and funny read, Nov. 10 2003
Craig (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
The title caught my eye, but you have to read this book to believe it. My favorite part was about the stinking bus rides! That scene alone would make this a good movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Goon is great, Aug. 29 2003
Bill C (Mamaroneck, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
Doug Smith takes us on an honest journey in to minor league hockey. Smith tells it honestly, when he lost fights he admits it, when he won, he lets you know. The book is entertaining, and without the usual political correctness that most sports books incorporate. Fighting is a part of hockey, and Smith lived it and shares what it is truley like to be a part of such a brutal aspect of this sport. I would like to see it made in to a movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, I needed that, Aug. 25 2003
Pat (Cumberland, RI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goon (Paperback)
Got the book because my friend wouldn't let me have his. It was a great hockey fix during summer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Goon
Goon by Adam Frattasio (Paperback - June 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 69.75