5.0 out of 5 stars all people, both professionals and clients involved with chronic pain should have this book, June 6 2008
This review is from: Pain Survival Guide: How to Reclaim Your Life (Paperback)
A casual acquaintance gave me a copy of "The Pain Survival Guide: How to Reclaim Your Life" (Paperback) by Dennis Turk and Frits Winter of the American Psychological Association.
This is the best book ever written to help chronic pain sufferers in my opinion, useful for all. It is a book that you can read at home or do as a self-taught course and covers all the angles. Even the "ouch" of "your pain is not interesting to others" and all sorts of medical and other things written in plain language in a way you can understand and reason with. Lots of insights pop up in my mind as I read it and apply useful tips. I leave it lying around and pick it up anytime; there am always something useful on any page.
I then ordered it online, very inexpensive at $15.29 plus shipping so that I would have a second copy to show to people and my health care professionals to encourage them to buy it to show to their patients as a suggested resource.

This book should be available to all sufferers in my opinion. I've read hundreds of books to try to come to terms with a slowly degrading quality of life; this is remarkable and accessible by all. Best written help book yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chronic Pain? This book is for you!, June 3 2014
This review is from: Pain Survival Guide: How to Reclaim Your Life (Paperback)
This book is amazing for anyone going through chronic pain! It's like it was written for our family. It tackles many common issues that people with chronic pain have to deal with on a daily basis. Great therapy program to get your life back on track!

4.0 out of 5 stars The pain survival guide, Jan. 17 2014
This review is from: Pain Survival Guide: How to Reclaim Your Life (Paperback)
As pain is a different as our minds in every one of us ...this book will it reach everybody...but it could be just the book YOU have been waiting for.

Pain Survival Guide: How to Reclaim Your Life
Pain Survival Guide: How to Reclaim Your Life by Turk (Paperback - Sept. 23 2005)
CDN$ 23.95 CDN$ 16.57