march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 12, 2006
I bought this book for my little 22 month old grand daughter, who is expecting a little brother in a couple of months. I wanted a book which would prepare her for the new arrival with love and understanding of her perspective, and this book is perfect. The humour is gently appropriate and the illustrations are priceless. The advice to parents at the end of the book is intelligent and informative. I highly recommend the book to any family with a little one who is expecting an interloper soon.
on June 16, 2014
I love that this story teaches little girls that they will need to be patient when the new baby comes - Mommy and Daddy can't drop everything for them as soon as they want something (this is something my daughter is very accustomed to right now). I hoping that it makes the transition easier when the baby comes.
on February 9, 2010
The illustrations are great and the story is very real. I loved that the mom breastfeeds. My 2 year old learned about patience from the story.
on March 20, 2015
This book is really great. Portrays the mom breastfeeding. Talks about how things will change and that's ok. My 2 year old seems to really like it. Many books seem too old for her but she seems to understand this one. Great tips in the back for making the transition easier.
on November 17, 2010
Book is very informative for little ones who are about to find themselves with a new baby brother or sister! Cute story and nice pictures. I bought it for my 2 year old - who is still a bit rough with books so the only thing I would change with this book is to make the pages a bit thicker and sturdier for little hands.
on August 18, 2014
This is such a great book. We borrowed it from the library and my daughter loved it so much that I bought it from Amazon for her. It really helped her see that there would be some challenges to come with being a big sister but in the end she still holds a special place in our hearts, and she now has a new role to play. Sometimes she asks me to switch the names from Kate and Daniel to her name and her brothers name when I read :)
on January 7, 2014
This book is clear and well written. I just wish I had known it was about not just a new baby but brother.
on July 31, 2015
Great book for big sisters, especially if they 're called Kate!
on December 29, 2015