5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best children's book on this topic
I have been using this book in my private practise for several years. I work with a considerable number of anxious children and have used many different books over the years. This is my favourite. All parents of anxious children should know about this book !

Children's Therapist
Meg. W.
Published on Sept. 13 2009 by Meg W.

3.0 out of 5 stars What age is this supposed to be for?
My child is 11.
We read it together; then re-read the last few chapters.
I am not sure my child took much from the book.
We will use it for reference or I may pass it on to the school library.
Published 16 months ago by Laurie Yates

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best children's book on this topic, Sept. 13 2009
Meg W. (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety (Paperback)

Children's Therapist
Meg. W.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped us soo much!, Oct. 19 2010
My 5 year old was suffering from alot of worrying...worrying about going to school and going to bed mostly...but also of trying new things....being in the basement alone too. After going through this book and the excercises with my daughter, I happy to say that she walks right into her senior kindergarten class with a worry. Bedtime has become a breeze and she is realizing that she is in charge of how big her "Tomatoes" grow. My wife and I learned alot too...that alot of the things we were doing to help...were really making things worse. I can't wait to read thru the other titles by this author!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 24 2010
This is a great book and I would recommend it for any parent with a child who has anxiety or who worries too much. My son and I sat down together and we went over this book. He connected to it right away and it was as if he had a "light bulb" moment. He is 8 years old and it was very age appropriate. We keep reading it over if we have to but it was really a tremendous help. This author knows how to relate to kids and there anxieties. I even recommend any adult to read it if they are worrysome. It was great, we can all learn from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars worry to much kids anxiety book-, July 20 2012
what to do when you worry to much kids anxiety book-delievered quickly,
great con'd, helpful book! Thank ou very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute MUST read & share!, Nov. 10 2011
ShoppingMaMa (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Our family therapist used this as a workbook and it was absolutely fantastic! Our 10 year old daughter was the most receptive; our 13 year old son got the ideas but found it a little 'childish' BUT it got the point(s) across. The kids and adults alike learned how to handle anxiety a little better ~ and with a bit more grace. ;) We use key phrases from the book all the time now. PLUS the way the text is presented it reminds the reader that they aren't the only ones out there with worries. We were impressed so much that we passed on a copy to our children's school which has become an invaluable tool for kids of all ages. VERY helpful and highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good ideas, June 17 2014
I liked the ideas in this book but find it too long winded to use with young clients so I condense it and make up the story as we look at
it to make it age appropriate. The concept is sound and the story is worth reading for youth and adults.

4.0 out of 5 stars Execellent book for worrying kids, May 29 2014
Really well written and laid out. Explains worries in a way that kids can understand (and adults too!). With practical advice for working with your child on his worries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for kids, Feb. 19 2014
It was a great read for my daughter who stresses over things - however it is not registered as a worry - it comes out as her having issues with someone or she starts to act out. This resource guide can be used by any age if given half a chance - there are adults who pay a lot of money to learn some these techniques (termed in a more "adult" way of course)

5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids, Dec 4 2013
Got this for my daughter 8 years old, it was wonderful, she now goes to sleep great and if she does start to worry can use the suggestions in the book to help her. Recommend strongly

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, Oct. 16 2013
The examples used in this book are easily understood by children, comparisons are used that children can comprehend. I used this as part of my daughter's home reading program to assist her scholastically as well as help us both cope with my divorce

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›