5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to introduce face painting
Published 2 months ago by Elizabeth F.

3.0 out of 5 stars more for kids
gives some good basics and the paints ok for practice but I think this is designed more for kids to do their own facepainting.
Published 7 months ago by Pepper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to introduce face painting, June 20 2014
This review is from: Face Painting (Spiral-bound)
I actually bought 2 copies of this book. The face paint is actually better quality than the face paint I can find at Michaels...smoother, with better color. Nice brush as well. It gives you great ideas for getting started, and some nice perforated cards you can cut out to make your face painting party go very smoothly. The designs suggested do not get too elaborate, but there are other books for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daugter loved it!, June 12 2014
This review is from: Face Painting (Spiral-bound)
My daughter was looking for this book she saw at her cousins house. I found it on Amazon and for way less money than in the stores. She was so excited when we got it in the mail and super fast shipping too!

3.0 out of 5 stars more for kids, Jan. 17 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars SUPER, Dec 10 2013
LoVe the product!!!
Stay well on the face for a long time!!!
Don't get smush....
Love it!!!
I Would like to be able to get the paint alone also!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Sept. 27 2012
This review is from: Face Painting (Spiral-bound)
I originally purchased the Klutz Face Painting kit a few years ago for my then 8 year old daughter who was crazy about the art. She learned many techniques from the book and the quality of the paints was far superior to the crayon style face paints she had previously. Having increased her skill, she was even asked by friends with younger kids to come and paint faces at birthday parties and the local school carnival.
I would recommend this product for anyone 7 and older. The only thing with having the palette of colors side by side is that there is the possibility of mixing colors if they aren't careful, but just having the book itself is worth the value. YOu could also cut the palette apart if that might be a problem for your child.
Using a paintbrush to apply the paint makes it much easier to perfect designs and techniques. The only thing I would add to this set is a larger variety of brushes and some make up sponges for broader applications. We purchased the brushes at Michael's Arts and Crafts and the makeup sponges at the dollar store and it made for a well rounded set.
I just recently bought the same set for my niece for her 6th birthday and she is having a blast with it. A real hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paints work really well, June 9 2012
This review is from: Face Painting (Spiral-bound)
I bought this for my niece ( her 4th birthday.) The paints work really well, its very very easy to draw on the childs face and the colors are bright and easy to work with. My niece, nephew and my own daughter are constantly asking me to draw on their faces ! They just cant get enough. I am very please with this purchase and will be buying more !

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning how to face paint, Jan. 12 2011
This review is from: Face Painting (Spiral-bound)
We bought this book for our 7 year old daughter and she loves it. It has basic instructions that she can follow and the paints that come with it are excellent. The instructions include learning how to paint small characters and whole faces. It also teaches the reader how to use different stokes with their paintbrush. I highly recommend this book for children ages 6 to 12 so they can learn the "how to" of face painting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, Feb. 7 2010
A. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Painting (Spiral-bound)
I got suckered into painting a line up of kids at our campsite last summer (using this book). I warned them that the painting would wash off if they went swimming that day. I laughed to see that the kids (who were in the pool every single day we were there), would not go swimming that afternoon as they didn't want their artwork to wash off. The one girl came to me later and said that her mom took a picture of her to show her grandmother later. I am by no means an artist, but this book describes facepainting very well. My kids and I enjoy face painting so much that this is definately one of my favorite Klutz books. My 8 year old daughter is able to do some of the painting out of the book, but this has mostly become a book that I use to paint onto the kids :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Dec 31 2009
Kessie Hamailton "Kessie Hamilton" (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Face Painting (Spiral-bound)
I got this book for my kids for Christmas (for me too, thought it would be fun!). We all LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The directions are great, and it is easy to do and get GREAT results! The paint is very good quality, easy to work with and stays on well. I highly recommend this book for anyone with kids, they'll love it, and you will too!

Face Painting
Face Painting by Klutz (Spiral-bound - Sept. 1 2007)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 16.92