4.0 out of 5 stars Heads up for entrpreneurs, Jan. 31 2010
David Wineberg "David Wineberg" (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pull: The Power of the Semantic Web to Transform Your Business (Hardcover)
What I really like about Pull is that not only does Siegel explain the Next Big Thing, but he shows us exactly how it will benefit us in dozens of different domains. So unlike some other books, this is not pie-in-the-sky stuff. It is all very real, under development, test and deployment right now, and very accessible. (I just read about Cisco now using its entire 45,000 staff as an alpha for its healthcare systems - systems straight out of Pull!) It's a fun read if you want a glimpse of how you are in fact going to live in the not too distant future.

It never occurred to your grandparents that they would ever own two cars. It never occurred to your parents that they would carry mobile phones everywhere. It never occurred to us that nearly every room would have a computer in it. Now Pull shows you an engaging and enormously useful set of tools for the future. For entrepreneurs, it's a heads-up. For the rest of us, it's a well written, worthwhile book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and insightful, Aug. 22 2010
Most of my technology and business book purchases revolve around practical advice and information on specific patterns and applications. This book was a bit of a stretch for me, but now that I've finished it, I'm really happy I made the effort. It's an easy, interesting read that at first seems to be fiction, but it's far from that: this is a reality that is happening right now (which I knew and already use, but this confirms it). I encourage anyone who is interested in business/technology strategy to buy Pull and open their minds to fresh approaches and ideas.

Pull: The Power of the Semantic Web to Transform Your Business
Pull: The Power of the Semantic Web to Transform Your Business by David Siegel (Hardcover - Jan. 12 2010)
CDN$ 35.00 CDN$ 28.00